Oh Man.....are the Chiefs that good?

Numark

Remember that team that we continuously beat down year after year? So they are 7-0, the darlings of the NFL, and atop the power rankings. But I wouldn't be surprised if any average or better team had a 7-0 record with their schedule. It really reminds me of our 5-1 start with the Edwards. I mean look at this

Jacksonville 0-7

Dallas 4-3

Philadelphia 3-4

New York 1-6

Tennessee 3-4 (played against their backup)

Oakland 2-4

Houston 2-5 (played against their backup)

Thats right boys, that is the easiest strength of schedule in the AFC, and they played against backups in two of their games (will also play against backups in their next two games). Also for the record, the Jets have played the second easiest schedule in the AFC and won two games with penalties ;)

Would you rather have that illusion of a great team with Trent Edwards right now, or a team that has played against tough teams with great defenses, is down to their 3rd string QB, had to play a stretch of games using our 5th string CB and a safety as a CB and is still 3-4 and has been competitive in every game and only 1 of 2 teams to score 20 points in each game? Sure KC may put together a great season based on a laughable schedule this season, and sure we may not make the playoffs. But they don't have a snowballs chance to win the superbowl this year, and have fun coming to buffalo in a few weeks (we'll have our 3rd string QB ready for you)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have played a very solid schedule. Among our slate, only the Browns are probably a bottom 10 team in the NFL and I'm convinced we'd have won that game sans Tuel.

That said, I'd take the easy schedule and 7-0 record any day. It would take a collapse of epic proportion to miss out on the playoffs.

Oh they are going to make the playoffs for sure, but over a 3rd of the league does. But they haven't shown anything other than they can beat bad teams. The 5-1 will bills with Trent showed the exact same thing.

I just like to look around the NFL, and not get caught up in the media hype sometimes. The only point of this topic was that I don't think the chiefs are as good as people think they are. They are an organization over the past 8 years that have years of incompetence, followed by a solid year, then more years of incompetence. I wish the bills had that over the last decade and had the fun of getting booted out in the first round of the playoffs, but just saying don't get caught up in the KC hype.

Edited by Numark

They are good, but not as good as the Broncos. They got the NFC East at just the right time. Looking at their schedule, I see they have a pretty easy ride the rest of the way. Indy, and San Diego (2) could give them some trouble, and of course the Broncos. They look to finish 12-4 or 11-5, and get beat in the playoffs (Andy Reid's specialty).

The Chiefs have a very good defense, one of the best RBs in the league, good WR in Bowe and a solid yet unspectacular QB in Smith

7-0 is 7-0 no matter who you play

What does that mean? Is that like "It is, what it is" ?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

They are good, but not as good as the Broncos. They got the NFC East at just the right time. Looking at their schedule, I see they have a pretty easy ride the rest of the way. Indy, and San Diego (2) could give them some trouble, and of course the Broncos. They look to finish 12-4 or 11-5, and get beat in the playoffs (Andy Reid's specialty).

I'm not Reid's biggest fan but he was 10-9 in the playoffs with the Eagles so don't think the specialty comment fits

Let's hope the Chiefs beat the Browns this weekend...Bills hand them their first loss, at the Ralph in week 9! Would be a great way to start the second half of the season...but we gotta take care of the Saints first!

There would be some extra intensity at the Ralph for that one