Oh Man.....are the Chiefs that good?

Numark

Yea. I grew up in Roch in the 70's and 80's and I always liked the Chefs. Now I'm a Bills season ticket holder and I root for both teams. When the 2 teams play each other, I always feel conflicted. When people ask why I like the Chefs and Bills, I jokingly reply: 'I only root for losing teams.'

Being a fan of 2 teams is something harder to decipher than rocket science (to me). It either means you're just not that much of a football fan or you're just (I'm sorry to say) a fake.

I'm just not a fan of people who "love and follow" 2 teams in the same league... When they face each other, you need to ask yourself, who do I want to win and your answer lies there. THAT'S the team you should follow...

You betcha!!

Sad...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a fan of 2 teams is something harder to decipher than rocket science (to me). It either means you're just not that much of a football fan or you're just (I'm sorry to say) a fake.

I'm just not a fan of people who "love and follow" 2 teams in the same league... When they face each other, you need to ask yourself, who do I want to win and your answer lies there. THAT'S the team you should follow...

Sad...

You have no clue....

Chiefs had a good defense last year but injuries during the season wore them down and coupled with a bad offense lead to really bad record. Same top 5 defense with a solid run first, efficient passing game second offense. Cleveland has a similar defense to the Bills and it gave KC a hard time. The Bills can focus on stopping the run and keep the mistakes to a minimum. This should be a low scoring and close game. Thad Lewis will work on the ball handling problems this week. KC will bring the heat so hot reads need to be better. I think the Bills have very good chance on beating KC. GO BILLS!

You have no clue....

And I want to keep it that way.

The Chiefs are 8 and Overrated. They're going down at the Ralph next Sunday!

I really hate when the Bills fans on TBD start posting things like we're gonna win next week after a loss, but, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I got a good feeling about next week. I don't agree with the 8 and overrated comment cuz in this league, you are what your record is and they're undefeated.

I just feel like after this tough loss, we're going to prove something to the world. Maybe we'll finally be "recognized" after beating an undefeated team huh?

Sad...

Just as an aside, I was born in 63 and also was a fan of the Chiefs and the Bills. You must remember that at that time, all Bills home games were blacked out,and the Chiefs of Len Dawson and Ed Podalack were on quite a bit. We were lucky if we got to War Memorial once a year, so for at least 6 Sundays a year I was not able to see the Bills game.Then the epic Christmas Day double OT playoff win...and I grew to like them.

Hate em now, as I hate every other team, but I was a two team guy !

Edited by plenzmd1

Just as an aside, I was born in 63 and also was a fan of the Chiefs and the Bills. You must remember that at that time, all Bills home games were blacked out,and the Chiefs of Len Dawson and Ed Podalack were on quite a bit. We were lucky if we got to War Memorial once a year, so for at least 6 Sundays a year I was not able to see the Bills game.Then the epic Christmas Day double OT playoff win...and I grew to like them.

Hate em now, as I hate every other team, but I was a two team guy !

I understand you but not being able to watch a Bills game isn't a reason to be a two team fan. I'm born 78 and raised and still live in Queens. The only times I saw Bills games was when they either played the Jets, Giants, playoffs or primetime. DirecTV is fairly new. I believe 13 or 14 years old if I'm not mistaken. The first year it came out I was young and couldn't afford it so I would listen to the Bills games on a radio channel I found on the internet. It would lag but still I listened.

I grew up watching the Jets and Giants and still am ok "rooting" for the Giants unless we play each other of course, but I'm in no way shape or form "confused" on which team I'm a fan of.

I'm not reading up on Giants news and stuff like that. If I watch the NFL network and they're speaking about the Giants, I don't stop forwarding through to hear what they're talking about. Cuz I could care less... Liking and rooting for another team other than the Bills is ok with me. But "loving" and being a fan of two teams equally isn't.

I dunno about that. I'm not a fan of other NFL teams, but in the NHL, I follow the Sabres and Canucks. The Sabres are my #1 by a mile, but following a team in the other conference helps make watching the west coast games a little more exciting - it provides something of an emotional attachment that makes staying up late to watch the games a little more worthwhile.

I started following Vancouver as a youngeter in the mid 70s after learning they joined the league the same year the Sabres did. And the reason I do is not because I'm "not that much into" hockey, it's because I am.

I dunno about that. I'm not a fan of other NFL teams, but in the NHL, I follow the Sabres and Canucks. The Sabres are my #1 by a mile, but following a team in the other conference helps make watching the west coast games a little more exciting - it provides something of an emotional attachment that makes staying up late to watch the games a little more worthwhile.

I started following Vancouver as a youngeter in the mid 70s after learning they joined the league the same year the Sabres did. And the reason I do is not because I'm "not that much into" hockey, it's because I am.

agreed - i keep up with the saints as i like watching live football, tailgating, and staying in the loop on the NFC.... but was in bills gear sunday.

i dont think cheering when they make a big play next week makes me less of a football fan. if anything, i think many on the board would really enhance their fan experience by watching a few teams regularly to get some perspective on the highs and lows every team goes through - injuries, bad calls, gifts from the refs, bad draft picks etc....

they are what their record says they are

i was waiting for someone to post that. every team has injuries, bad calls, etc. but the chiefs fought through it and are 7-0. So yes, they are that good. i do think the Bills have a chance, but this is far from a sure thing. could be low-scoring.

I love how someone thinks they know how someone should be a fan. Goodness, this isn't something where there is one right way and one wrong way.

Bills always have been and always will be #1 for me, but the Browns were my team in the NFL before the NFL-AFL merger and I continue to hope they do well. When they play the Bills I want the Bills to win, as long as the Bills aren't just playing the spoiler role. Of course, the past how many years both teams suck so it hasn't made much difference.

For as much as people are criticizing the Chiefs for a soft schedule, last year the Colts also went from 2-14 to the playoffs. However, when you look back at their schedule from last year, they also beat a lot of soft competition (sans maybe the win over Green Bay). Yet all I remember hearing was what a great turn around they made.

Meh, plenty of people who study analytics and things like point differential & record in 1score games said the Colts were frauds all along last year. It's a big reason why their Over/Under on their Win total coming in to this year was much lower your typical 11-5 team (7.5 or 8 I think).

Do the 2013 Colts prove that the "stat geeks" are idiots? Not exactly. The same methods were a big reason why the 3-13 Lions were a 5pt favorite over the 10-6 Vikings in Week 1.

I think what the Colts prove is you can negate all the traditional signs of regression when you have a 2nd yr QB who was the best prospect out of college in 30yrs.

Soft schedules can be overrated when you're killing bad-mediocre teams (which is what good teams are supposed to do). But this KC team has just grinded out 3 consecutive close home games vs not very good teams (the score in the Oakland game ended up misleading). And Alex Smith is no Andrew Luck.

So yah I'm not convinced this is an elite team at all. And I <3 their defense & picked them to make the playoffs this yr.

This is a trap game for the chiefs. A 3-5 team on the road before their bye week? If Thad can hang onto the ball I really like our chances

This is a team looking for revenge for the last two years - a team that convinced itself Stevie took out berry on purpose.

I'd be surprised if they come out flat.

Berry can't be mad. One of the chiefs Rb's went low on Cushing of the Texans a few weeks ago. It happens.

It was ridiculous but they very publicly were upset. He shouldn't be upset but I think they are going to have a big chip on their shoulders. This is a team we have a lot of recent history with, and not someone, if I had to guess, that is expecting to take this week off.