Oh Man.....are the Chiefs that good?

Numark

If Thad Lewis cant play this weekend, I dont think the Bills will 'trap' anyone, besides their fans.

I love this season. Everything hinges on a practice squad QB. Say what you will about the Bills this season, but their fans are making this season interesting to be sure :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Chiefs a that good?

No, you can't extrapolate and say they are likely to go undefeated. But they are a good team. With the start they have, I think they end up around 13-3 (if the Bills beat them, amend that to 12-4). Still, this might not be enough to win the AFC West.

The Chiefs are showing what a difference good coaching (and better luck) makes this year. A lot has been said already, so I'll just call out a couple points.

I have not been impressed with Alex Smith. He refuses to throw the ball into coverage. Bowe wants to wrestle someone for the ball, but he's just not getting the targets. But, Smith seems to be loosening up a bit as the year progresses. This might be the game where that costs him.

Because of Smith's cautiousness, he's gone to his speed recievers more, especially on short crossing routes where they can ge open and run after the catch. Avery was his favorite at the start of the year, but, even though the depth chart remains the same, Dexter McCluster seems to be #1 in that role now, but Avery will still get a few shots.

The way we've been covering punts, McCluster could very well score for the Chiefs if his first few steps are to his right, away from Marcus Easley.

On defense, it all starts with NT Dontari Poe,(despite the media focus on Tamba Hali). Poe has 4.5 sacks so far, 3 passes blocked and has been a real force in the middle. Hali, with his 9 sacks and 4 forced fumbles, deserves the credit he gets, but is less essential to their defense than Poe in my opinion.

Are the Chiefs a that good?

No, you can't extrapolate and say they are likely to go undefeated. But they are a good team. With the start they have, I think they end up around 13-3 (if the Bills beat them, amend that to 12-4). Still, this might not be enough to win the AFC West.

The Chiefs are showing what a difference good coaching (and better luck) makes this year. A lot has been said already, so I'll just call out a couple points.

I have not been impressed with Alex Smith. He refuses to throw the ball into coverage. Bowe wants to wrestle someone for the ball, but he's just not getting the targets. But, Smith seems to be loosening up a bit as the year progresses. This might be the game where that costs him.

Because of Smith's cautiousness, he's gone to his speed recievers more, especially on short crossing routes where they can ge open and run after the catch. Avery was his favorite at the start of the year, but, even though the depth chart remains the same, Dexter McCluster seems to be #1 in that role now, but Avery will still get a few shots.

The way we've been covering punts, McCluster could very well score for the Chiefs if his first few steps are to his right, away from Marcus Easley.

On defense, it all starts with NT Dontari Poe,(despite the media focus on Tamba Hali). Poe has 4.5 sacks so far, 3 passes blocked and has been a real force in the middle. Hali, with his 9 sacks and 4 forced fumbles, deserves the credit he gets, but is less essential to their defense than Poe in my opinion.

Thanks for the analysis Matt!! It is always nice to hear about a team from someone that sees much more of them than the rest of us.