Mother files complaint, says her son in HS was bullied because...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a reminder, its a parent throwing the bullying term around..............Here are the coaches....

Aledo Head Coach Tim Buchanan told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he was upset by news of the bullying allegation, and says he spends “the whole third and fourth quarter” trying ”to think how I can keep us from scoring.”

“In the first half, I’m excited about us scoring, then I’m sitting here going what the heck am I going to do?” Buchanan said.

Western Hills High head coach John Naylor dismissed the bullying charge, saying he thought “the game was handled just fine.”

Naylor was also complimentary of Buchanan and the Aledo program, calling the Bearcats “good sports” that “don’t talk at all.” He said his outmanned squad, which carried roughly thirty players on its roster the night of the thrashing, “just ran into a buzzsaw.”

This is how we were taught. From the Andy Griffith Show Opie and the Bully.

Opie is having to put up with a bully, Sheldon, who is demanding 5 cents from him every morning on his way to school. Sheldon says the alternative is a knuckle sandwich. As Opie keeps asking everyone for an extra nickel, including Barney, the Deputy decides to follow him top learn what is going on. Learning that Opie is being bullied, Andy tries to get him to understand that often, bullies are all talk and no action and that facing him, regardless of the outcome, is better than being scared all of the time. The result is a black eye for Opie but freedom from Sheldon.

160px-Bully.JPG

A bully named Sheldon?

You can't teach kids to not run, block or tackle in football because that's how they get hurt. Football isn't like basketball where you can milk the shot clock and stop the break.

This "bully" allegation is a joke.

I'm with you. Aren't you a coach? Regardless, the coach has to live up to his principles and if he's a good one, one of them is "play hard, and play fair". You cannot ask you players to back off. Put in your 2nd and 3rd stringers and insist they play the game the it should be played.

I'm with you. Aren't you a coach? Regardless, the coach has to live up to his principles and if he's a good one, one of them is "play hard, and play fair". You cannot ask you players to back off. Put in your 2nd and 3rd stringers and insist they play the game the it should be played.

I am a coach. I've won some lopsided games but never have had an issue close to this. It comes down to respect. Are your kids trash talking and going out of their way to hurt someone? If so...there's an issue. However it appears the winning coaches did all the correct things. The losing coach concurred. Dead issue. I'd hate to be this kid.