Kansas City game pom poms

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As pointed out earlier, I agree pompoms seem to lessen crowd noise.

Something that hasn't been pointed out - does it seem a little strange that they expect fans to show up in, of all colors, WHITE - everyone owns a white T shirt, but it's freezing outside. Who in the hell owns a white jacket?

What is our white pom-pom record ?

2-1 for white out, I'm not sure if we had the pompoms in all 3 games?

As pointed out earlier, I agree pompoms seem to lessen crowd noise.

Something that hasn't been pointed out - does it seem a little strange that they expect fans to show up in, of all colors, WHITE - everyone owns a white T shirt, but it's freezing outside. Who in the hell owns a white jacket

i think its more "encouraging fans to" not "expecting them to"

and i have a variety of white close. some of which is warm on its own, other items (like a jersey) that can go over a heavier shirt.

it does seem like a better home opener theme though.

I swear you people are daft if you believe that the presence of pom poms will make any noticeable difference in the noise level on the field.

You know who bangs on seats and make the most noise during games? The 52K people who have wet Pom poms under their seats.

Too gimmicky for me. You want to improve the atmosphere? Build a winning football team and quit making new tailgating/stadium restrictions every year. Early 90's Rich Stadium was one of the best football atmosphere's of all-time and I don't remember them ever having to do a "white-out" to accomplish that

What a time it was in the early 90's. RWS was electric every game and those players on those great teams were the ones responsible for bringing in the fans. No gimmicks were needed. We had a excellent GM and great Coach. No gimmicks were needed. What have we been handed the last ten years; loosing teams and gimmicks !!! Bring in the clowns...we need more gimmicks Russ Brandon the marketing guy turned GM, turned De Facto president bellows from his perch for they will come for gimmicks regardless of the product on the field. And he is right, RWS is sold out every game so far. Screw putting a winning team on the field, we just need more gimmicks or leak a story about the Bills leaving and they will come. A different owner would have cleaned house a long time ago but any future change went out the window with Brandon now entrenched at the top. Bring in more clowns.

Something that hasn't been pointed out - does it seem a little strange that they expect fans to show up in, of all colors, WHITE - everyone owns a white T shirt, but it's freezing outside. Who in the hell owns a white jacket?

No white jacket needed. Simply walk over to the Bills store before going into the stadium and buy an over-sized white jersey to wear over your existing jacket!

I'm not a fan of the white out/pom pom stuff either. I went to Penn State for college and had my fill of "white outs" then.

If the Bills really want to have them though, they should schedule them in the first month of the season when it's relatively warm, people can wear a white t-shirt (not many folks own white cold weather gear), and the likelihood of rain is less. (You could probably even get a grumpy guy like me to wear a white t-shirt on a warm Sunday in September.) The Bills would be more likely to get the casual fans that think going to a white out is "cool" to attend a game then. If you're this type of fan, sitting outside on a cold, windy and likely rainy day in November is not really going to be your cup of tea anyway.

The Bills could have set up the Carolina game as a "white out" and they might have sold that non-conference game out a week or two before the game rather than just a couple days before the game like they did.

Good points. I think the answer lies in having our 'Whiteout' game be in TronO every year. Canadians love doing silly things and it's not like they clap or cheer for us anyway..

73,000 Pom Poms if used simultaneously could created enough wind to create .0001 mph of wind which would alter a field goal by 1 millimeter which would than cause the field goal to hit an upright which would enable us to win, starting a 8 game winning streak that ultimately puts us in NYC for SB.