Kansas City game pom poms

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Bills already wore the white throwbacks at home vs. Carolina, and WON, so maybe we have exorcised the demons of that Jets white out game. I would rather see KC in their road white uni's though...they look less menacing than their red jersey's.

Too gimmicky for me. You want to improve the atmosphere? Build a winning football team and quit making new tailgating/stadium restrictions every year. Early 90's Rich Stadium was one of the best football atmosphere's of all-time and I don't remember them ever having to do a "white-out" to accomplish that

Too gimmicky for me. You want to improve the atmosphere? Build a winning football team and quit making new tailgating/stadium restrictions every year. Early 90's Rich Stadium was one of the best football atmosphere's of all-time and I don't remember them ever having to do a "white-out" to accomplish that

Late 80's /early 90's Bills handed out pompons a few times. '89 home opener comes to mind.

I think the best argument against pom-poms is that when fans are waving them they are not clapping and making alot of noise to disrupt the offense of the visiting team.

Does anyone else feel their masculinity slipping away at the mere utterance of the word "pom pom"? It just feels wrong.

Here are several reasons why the "White Out" game is a stupid idea:

1) Girls wave pom poms, men don't.

2) Pom poms are made of balls of cutup paper. They absorb more noise than they create, a net minus in decibels not to mention the energy wasted in doing whatever you're supposed to do with them. On the plus side if it rains they could come in handy wiping your seat dry.

3) When you're manipulating a stupid pom pom, you can't bang on an object to make actual noise, nor can you cup your hands to your mouth to amplify your screaming, nor can you clap your hands. Pom poms are a great way to reduce crowd noise. They will transform the 12th Man into the 11.25 Man.

4) As mentioned on page one, white is the universal sign of surrender.

If the Bills really wanted to do something cool, they should give out commemorative Thundersticks or Vuvuzelas.

I thought that after the first White Out game (the horrible loss to the Jets) that this stupid idea would go away.

Sadly I was wrong.

I think its kind of a cool idea. Obviously it has no impact on the game. The thing is it NEVER takes off in Buffalo. Half the crowd does it and the other half sits there and bitches about it. So the Bills need to stop doing it.

I think its kind of a cool idea. Obviously it has no impact on the game. The thing is it NEVER takes off in Buffalo. Half the crowd does it and the other half sits there and bitches about it. So the Bills need to stop doing it.

The same ones bitching about it are the same ones on here with all the negativity... Then if we lose, come on here with some ridiculous statistic about how we have a losing record with white outs, or something insane like that...

It the team wants to have a link out, WEAR FREAKING PINK!!! It's about supporting your team... Something that far too many people around here find difficult.... Maybe one week they will hand out rose colored glasses... Maybe that wi help! Hahaha

I think its kind of a cool idea. Obviously it has no impact on the game.

Actually my point is that it has a negative impact. Thus the comment about the 11.25th Man.

The same ones bitching about it are the same ones on here with all the negativity... Then if we lose, come on here with some ridiculous statistic about how we have a losing record with white outs, or something insane like that...

Actually CC this is a negative take.

When I attend games I scream AND clap my hands. It takes me days to get my voice back to normal.

One can be against something without it being a negative take. There is such a thing as valid criticism.

If giving out white pom poms is what it takes to get fans into the ballgame, something is seriously wrong.

Actually my point is that it has a negative impact. Thus the comment about the 11.25th Man.

Actually CC this is a negative take.

When I attend games I scream AND clap my hands. It takes me days to get my voice back to normal.

One can be against something without it being a negative take. There is such a thing as valid criticism.

If giving out white pom poms is what it takes to get fans into the ballgame, something is seriously wrong.

We all know it isn't the nfl approved bags, the Pom pom's or the towels that get us in the gate... It's the team. It's the game. I just don't get why people have to complain about white outs, how many Pom pom's they are giving out, or any other trivial part of the experience...

The point I was trying to make is that there are people on here that do nothing but B word. They take a negative side to everything. I totally get that you or anyone else might not like the idea about it, and that's fine. Far too often people make mountains out of mole hills... Just gets old.

Btw, SJBF, how's everything going?? Plan on going to any more games this year? Pretty sure you said at the tail gate party that you were only making the opener...

We all know it isn't the nfl approved bags, the Pom pom's or the towels that get us in the gate... It's the team. It's the game. I just don't get why people have to complain about white outs, how many Pom pom's they are giving out, or any other trivial part of the experience...

The point I was trying to make is that there are people on here that do nothing but B word. They take a negative side to everything. I totally get that you or anyone else might not like the idea about it, and that's fine. Far too often people make mountains out of mole hills... Just gets old.

Btw, SJBF, how's everything going?? Plan on going to any more games this year? Pretty sure you said at the tail gate party that you were only making the opener...

Holding out hope for New Orleans but it's doubtful. There are a lot of major things coming up in the next year that'll squeeze our Bills budget tighter than a Bruce Smith sack (not sure what that means).

But we'll look forward to seeing you at the opener next year.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: