What Are the Missing Pieces?

thecoz77

This team clearly has some good traits. When you look at the 4 losses we have, 2 could have easily gone our way, and the Cleveland game is going to be a question mark due to the injury to EJ and the horrid play of Tuel. With all of that being said, it seems we are missing one or two pieces that make this team 4-2 right now. What are those pieces? I cannot pinpoint it myself.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Brandon on down, the team is still corrupted by significant cronyism. Nothing changes until Brandon and the financial guys like Littman are gone, who will continue to rely on a network of people they know for hires instead of getting the best available candidates, and who will continue to mismanage the cap (see the wasted Fitz savings).

They need some more elite guys. I don't think it's just a specific position anymore, it's depth, and a few more standout guys at any position. People are down n the WR's, but I think they have good talent there, it can take a few years for them to get consistent. A standout TE would be nice.

Best Player Available is surely the right draft approach for this team.

They aren't gonna make the playoffs.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

This team clearly has some good traits. When you look at the 4 losses we have, 2 could have easily gone our way, and the Cleveland game is going to be a question mark due to the injury to EJ and the horrid play of Tuel. With all of that being said, it seems we are missing one or two pieces that make this team 4-2 right now. What are those pieces? I cannot pinpoint it myself.

3 quality CB's

#1 receiver

1 or 2 quality starting offensive line man + depth

Question marks still surround QB position

Offensive coordinator

Accountability

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

That's the way every team in every sport operates. They hire who they know as likely that means they share the same philosophies. Refresh my memory, what was the connection between Brandon/Whaley and Marrone??

From Brandon on down, the team is still corrupted by significant cronyism. Nothing changes until Brandon and the financial guys like Littman are gone, who will continue to rely on a network of people they know for hires instead of getting the best available candidates, and who will continue to mismanage the cap (see the wasted Fitz savings).

I think a lot of the problems (big plays especially) are symptoms of a unit that hasn't been playing the same scheme for very long. Both sides of the ball are playing new schemes. There is a lot of inconsistency to the play.

Identity.

Good teams have been running the same offense or defense for awhile, and have gradually accumulated players that know it (even backups), guys that fit it, and guys that know their role.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

LG, swing guard, RT (Pears is 32), swing tackle, CB2, FS, and a 2013 version if a TE. I like Chandler. He'd be an excellent TE2 and red zone target. But I want a Graham/Gronk/Cameron/Davis/Thomas/Gonzalez split the seam of the D TE that the Bills have never had

A coach that is smart enough to kick the field goal instead of coming away with a bag of air.

that is 100 percent wrong. Going for it was absolutely the right call. The only time a team should ever kick a 19-yard FG is if it's the last play of the game, to put you ahead, or if it is to put your team up by three scores with only a few minutes left. You can certainly complain about the plays that were called, but going for 6 is the percentage, smart move in that situation.

That's the way every team in every sport operates. They hire who they know as likely that means they share the same philosophies. Refresh my memory, what was the connection between Brandon/Whaley and Marrone??

Teams with owners that want to win at all costs don't operate like that.

Brandon is a Syracuse native who knew Marrone, and Hackett, from that connection. Hiring Marrone was, in part, due to Brandon's "regionalization" strategy. Our ST coach is a long-mediocre NFL coach. Good teams don't let accountants like Litman have influence on their cap spend.

Edited by ny33