The defense and the supposed depth at WR

bills44

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan does not look like he belongs out there. TJ Graham did make a couple of catches today, and is willing to stick his head in there after the catch. But, he dropped a real good ball....tv guy really badmouthed him on that one (rightfully so) Missed Stevie....Chandler underutilized...but got a couple of big ones today. Easley looks better than Hogan.....must be a head problem, cause he is better than Hogan physically.

With SJ out, Lewis was forced to throw to guys like Chris Hogan. He looks to have difficulty getting off the line, and his hands are not what I would consider reliable. Not sure what his role is supposed to be, but I have a hard time believing that there aren't better street FAs available right now.

Also, IMO, this D is vastly overrated. Too often, they make mediocre QBs look good (Smith, Weeden, Dalton), and scrub RBs (Powell, BJGE, arguably Vereen) look outstanding. The lack of pressure on Dalton today was maddening. He could have stood in the pocket and counted his !@#$ing freckles on a number of plays. They're far too inconsistent for my liking.

You mean 7-11 the guy thats always open ... Did they even give Easley a shot with Stevie being out ?

If they said in the preseason that Hogan was great & has turned out to be a dud & Easley was the highest out put of any of the WR's in the preseason yet they leave him on ST's why not give him a shot ? They say they are always looking to upgrade .

They are just waiting for the Pats , Jets or Fins to get him & show his true potential !!

Edited by T master

Sorry... Couldn't wdtch today's game down here in NZ.

Just wondering how Byrd looked in his first game back.

I saw him make one play to bat down a pass over the middle. I thought he shy'ed away from contact v. the run. That could be just me though Other than that I dont think he affected the game much.

Sorry... Couldn't wdtch today's game down here in NZ.

Just wondering how Byrd looked in his first game back.

Byrd had 1 good blocked pass, did not notice him after that (on tv) I don't think his trade value went up or he is any where near #1 safety after this game.

With SJ out, Lewis was forced to throw to guys like Chris Hogan. He looks to have difficulty getting off the line, and his hands are not what I would consider reliable. Not sure what his role is supposed to be, but I have a hard time believing that there aren't better street FAs available right now.

Also, IMO, this D is vastly overrated. Too often, they make mediocre QBs look good (Smith, Weeden, Dalton), and scrub RBs (Powell, BJGE, arguably Vereen) look outstanding. The lack of pressure on Dalton today was maddening. He could have stood in the pocket and counted his !@#$ing freckles on a number of plays. They're far too inconsistent for my liking.

They showed Hogan on the jumbotron walking off the field after his last drop and he had this look on his face like a guy who just came to the realization that his football career is over. I would not be surprised in the least if he is cut this week.

The Bengals defense is way too good to mount a bunch of 15play, 80yard drives. Especially with such an unknown QB. We needed big chunk plays and we got them from Graham and Goodwin. Seems weird to pick the aftermath of this game as the time to complain about WR depth.

I will sign up for the 'put Easley in over Hogan' campaign though. Does Marcus just trip over himself on every route in practice? Even if he does he sure as heck came to play on gamedays in the preseason. Seems baffling that he never gets a chance.

Edited by BuffOrange

They showed Hogan on the jumbotron walking off the field after his last drop and he had this look on his face like a guy who just came to the realization that his football career is over. I would not be surprised in the least if he is cut this week.

I read on this board that he may be the next Wes Welker, maybe he just needs a little more time.

Chris Hogan isn't very good. There's a reason why he can't make a 53 man roster despite getting hype in training camp.

Until he comes to Buffalo that is.

I think the way this season has gone so far it furthers the argument for those of us that wanted to keep Rogers over Hogan...I realize Rogers has some serious work to do in order to reach his potential, but Hogan gives you next to nothing and his ceiling is greatly limited...This is a very young team that is going to grow together and make a lot of mistakes along the way...I still don't see what the harm would have been to include Rogers in that process...But what do I know... ;)

Bradham played a very significant role in holding TE Jermaine Gresham to a season low of 2 catches for 5 yards today.

I thought he looked okay against the pass, but not so much the run plays. Moats is just the opposite we need another 3 down LB. Nigel sure is fast though, he's learning the instinct part still.

It was good to see Kyle Williams stick up for Kiko, even though it cost him a bulshite penalty.

Edited by bowery4

I think the way this season has gone so far it furthers the argument for those of us that wanted to keep Rogers over Hogan...I realize Rogers has some serious work to do in order to reach his potential, but Hogan gives you next to nothing and his ceiling is greatly limited...This is a very young team that is going to grow together and make a lot of mistakes along the way...I still don't see what the harm would have been to include Rogers in that process...But what do I know... ;)

While I'm generally on that bandwagon, much like Easley, we don't have a lot of access to the behind the scenes

While I'm generally on that bandwagon, much like Easley, we don't have a lot of access to the behind the scenes

True...I'm still finding it hard to believe Hogan is a better option than Easley at WR...REAL hard to believe...I think you're hitting on something important here though...I think there is a strong possibility that Hogan is an incredible practice player and earns his time that way...Maybe Easley is one of these guys that plays better than he practices...Maybe not...But I do think he's got potential that Hogan has zero chance to reach...

And as far as Rogers...He has managed to stick with the Colts PS this long...They even elevated him for a game...I have to believe the kid at least has a chance to reach his potential...And I do think that potential is better than Hogan's...But we'll see I guess...Easy for me to say... ;)

That's easy. Underdog story line at a bargain bin price.