The defense and the supposed depth at WR

bills44

With SJ out, Lewis was forced to throw to guys like Chris Hogan. He looks to have difficulty getting off the line, and his hands are not what I would consider reliable. Not sure what his role is supposed to be, but I have a hard time believing that there aren't better street FAs available right now.

Also, IMO, this D is vastly overrated. Too often, they make mediocre QBs look good (Smith, Weeden, Dalton), and scrub RBs (Powell, BJGE, arguably Vereen) look outstanding. The lack of pressure on Dalton today was maddening. He could have stood in the pocket and counted his !@#$ing freckles on a number of plays. They're far too inconsistent for my liking.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore looked bad today and so did Bradham. Why was Moats ever replaced? He looked good all year long. Bradham was pretty terrible. Gilmore didn't look comfortable with his wrist, avoiding contact and such. He played two screens very poorly.

Both were replaced (for the most part) mid way through the third.

Goodwin looked good in his first game back. Easly deserves a chance IMO. We need a bigger body out there.

Legurskey was head and shoulders above Brown. Remember that serious we got the ball around the 50 after a 3 and out (off of mormans 1/2 yrd punt). If you dont, 1st down was a 3 yard lose on a screen pass, 2nd down was a sack, and then third down didn;t matter. Brown was the reason for 1st and 2nd down. Hahaha. They didnt put him back in that I noticed

Chris Hogan isn't very good. There's a reason why he can't make a 53 man roster despite getting hype in training camp.

Until he comes to Buffalo that is.

I know they call him 7-11 because he's always open but the same can be said for certain discount stores....so can we just call him "Walmart" from now on?

And no press coverage even after the Bengals had the two big screen plays by the Bills Defense.

They were in press man on numerous occasions after those screens. Sometimes with no safety help high, too. Pettine mixed it up all day.

GO BILLS!!!

This one's on the defense.

They couldn't stop them on 3rd down in the first half.

That fourth down completion was attrocious.

Buffalo's offense played well enough to win. Their D couldn't make the plays.

Granted Gilmore was not 100 percent and it was Byrds first game back. But the secondary got gashed on the short passing plays, plus a ton of YAC.

It's a young group that has to get better.