Matt Flynn Anyone???

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may not really be true. They debated Flynn, who Philbin coached, versus drafting Tannehill, whom they knew they could draft, whom their new OC coached. They obviously made the right choice.

I seem to remember someone saying before that Philbin did not consider Flynn an upgrade over Matt Moore. So thats why they did not pursue him?

I seem to remember someone saying before that Philbin did not consider Flynn an upgrade over Matt Moore. So thats why they did not pursue him?

Well, we cannot take a coach for his word on anything, nor do we know from "someone said". We can easily surmise that Philbin didn't think Flynn was a good bet to be a top 10-15 QB because the Dolphins didn't strongly pursue him. That doesn't at all mean that Philbin thinks Flynn sucks.

I've heard Philbin say good things about Flynn. I would assume that Philbin said what he did about Moore because they didn't sign Flynn and Moore was his QB. They didn't know what they had in Tannehill until he started playing with live bullets and he played decently.

Bring him in for a workout at the very least. Tonight. Beggars can't be choosers. We need someone with SOME experience and he's the best available at this point

I saw Montana over the weekend in a shoe commercial. He looked rather sprite, but maybe it was the shoes... :w00t:

... I'll get my coat. B-)

I find it amusing that the board seems to favor Pat White, who washed out of the league never having completed a pass, despite being an early round pick, over Flynn who has at least shown flashes of competence & has started games in the NFL.

Seems too many Bills fans have champagne taste on a beer budget.

Well, we cannot take a coach for his word on anything, nor do we know from "someone said". We can easily surmise that Philbin didn't think Flynn was a good bet to be a top 10-15 QB because the Dolphins didn't strongly pursue him. That doesn't at all mean that Philbin thinks Flynn sucks.

Agreed. If true, all it means is that Flynn would not put them in a better position than what they had . Doesn't necessarily mean he was bad. But remember though that Matt Moore is not starting anymore in the league.

Seems too many Bills fans have champagne taste on a beer budget.

I think the issue is that most folks here want to buy "The Champagne of Beers" in the hopes that they'll actually be getting champagne.

We need another QB and we can't be picky.

Between Tuel, Lad Thewis, and Flyn/White/Dixon one of them has got to be serviceable right?

I think the issue is that most folks here want to buy "The Champagne of Beers" in the hopes that they'll actually be getting champagne.

Blasphemer!

Do not talk ill of the High Life.

No High Life for you!

So I'm assuming the Bills did not actually sign Pat White last night as reported?

sounds like with this move they are going to since he was scheduled to come in for a tryout today. Otherwise there is no point getting rid of Flynn today unless they needed a roster spot for someone else

The Raiders just released Flynn. Any interest? I'd like to see the Bills sign him.

No way -- We had Trent Edwards so been there, done that.

The Raiders just released Flynn. Any interest? I'd like to see the Bills sign him.

No way -- We had Trent Edwards so been there, done that.

He set the Green Bay Packers all-time record for passing yards and TDs thrown in one game. THAT ALONE makes him more qualified than Thad Lewis and Jeff Tuel.

Didn't the Bills sign a QB in the past because of one singular good performance game start...Rob Johnson esque.

It makes me wonder why the Bills don't even look at Tim Tebow, at least he won a playoff game.

I get it. This is the internet in America where you're allowed to be wholly uninformed on a topic and still voice your opinion. (I'm pretty sure it's encouraged.) BUT HAVE YOU SEEN MATT FLYNN PLAY? Sorry for shouting, but this is ridiculous. I hope no one suggesting Matt Flynn actually watched him play this year. I'm not sure how it's possible, but Jeff Tuel played better against Cleveland. He was awful. Atrocious. If you took how good Peyton Manning has been and asked me to describe the exact opposite, I would say either my 3 year old nephew or Matt Flynn.

The guy will get another chance somewhere, but if it's here the FO is truly as incompetent as some of you people think.

If I knew how to meme, there'd be a very annoyed Jean Luc Picard embedded in this post. Because that's how I feel. Between this and some of the other QB suggestions, I just can't take it anymore. Bills fans are supposed to be informed, knowledgeable football fans. Please, can we step our game up?

Edited by Thisistheyear