Legursky starting at LG for Colin Brown?

All this talk and all this disappointment by Bills that could have been avoided by probably offering Chad Rinehart a two year, 4million dollar deal with one million guaranteed.

Not a pro-bowler, but for crying out loud is there any argument here that he wasn't a better alternative to Brown?!

Is there any point in rehashing this? What's done is done; obviously Whaley/Marrone believed they could get by with the LGs they brought in. Let it go. NFL GMs and HCs are proven both right and wrong on a weekly basis in the NFL. This won't be their last mistake, nor will they always make the incorrect decision. That's life.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any point in rehashing this? What's done is done; obviously Whaley/Marrone believed they could get by with the LGs they brought in. Let it go. NFL GMs and HCs are proven both right and wrong on a weekly basis in the NFL. This won't be their last mistake, nor will they always make the incorrect decision. That's life.

No self-respecting LG thread would be worth anything without the mention of Rhinhart (and Levitre).

I dont understand how we could be so lacking in depth while still being 20 mill under the salary cap. To me, that screams mismanagement, or the input of RW.

I for one enver bought this whole scheme of Ralph not being involved. He still signs the paychecks. He's still the owner.

Until ownership changes, expect more of the same.

I dont understand how we could be so lacking in depth while still being 20 mill under the salary cap. To me, that screams mismanagement, or the input of RW.

I for one enver bought this whole scheme of Ralph not being involved. He still signs the paychecks. He's still the owner.

Until ownership changes, expect more of the same.

I'm not sure Ralph can even lift a pen these days.

Either way, Geno Adkins is salivating. Saw some clips of him totally demoralizing the Pats yesterday. Marrone and Co. will need to scheme well to minimize his impact. Won't be easy.

GO BILLS!!!

Either way, Geno Adkins is salivating. Saw some clips of him totally demoralizing the Pats yesterday. Marrone and Co. will need to scheme well to minimize his impact. Won't be easy.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh like how they did to Ngata and whoever the Cleveland dude was that was supposed to be really good? How many yards did we run for on the #3 and #4 run defenses? Did you say 350+? Couldn't hear you, lol...

Don't forget CB. I would prefer they be able to keep Williams at Safety, and McKelvin as quality depth.

The way McKelvin was playing this year I see no reason to call this a position of need... Increasing the depth would be the goal.. but the OL needs major infusion of depth talent and obviously a LG upgrade

Great...I doubt either is good enough to be honest...And they are in for one hell of a test Sunday...That Bengals D-Line is absolutely no joke... B-)

I expect both will get help from Wood in the blocking assignments to make sure Atkins doesn't blow up the Bills' plays all game long.

Oh like how they did to Ngata and whoever the Cleveland dude was that was supposed to be really good? How many yards did we run for on the #3 and #4 run defenses? Did you say 350+? Couldn't hear you, lol...

Yes, exactly as they did with Ngata. Wood will have to have the same kind of game. I think we're up to it. We've faced several VERY GOOD fronts this year so I know the staff is up for the task. I just don't think it matters to Adkins. He looked fantastic yesterday from the few plays I saw.

GO BILLS!!!

Well...we can talk about the Steelers being a bad football team (now at 0-4), like some of us suggested would be the case a few weeks ago, but that would be just rehashing.

:w00t:

JK, eball. However, I wouldn't be bringing this up if it never happened, but it did and it wasn't just this minor mistake that happened like the front office ordering the wrong colored pens...they lost a premium starting LG and then let his capable back-up walk away and if we had doubled that back-ups salary I would imagine he would have liked here a bit more than being out in SD.

If we are going to keep have threads about how bad we are at LG I am going to keep bringing up what got us there.

Pro Football Focus has called Legursky the worst lineman in the NFL in I believe 2010 and 2011. He probably isnt an upgrade.....

ok they didnt say worst

"If he gets it lets just hope the starters dont get injured, less Buffalo sees some of what blighted his stay in Pittsburgh, where he was always among our lowest graded players. Take 2010 for example, where, despite starting in a Super Bowl, he earned a -16.3 on his 449 snaps, followed by a -9.6 on 609 snaps in 2011, and lastly a -10.5 on 417 snaps last year."

Edited by cvanvol

Great...I doubt either is good enough to be honest...And they are in for one hell of a test Sunday...That Bengals D-Line is absolutely no joke... B-)

Do we EVER play a team this season that doesn't have a kick-ass defensive line? No, seriously?