Legursky starting at LG for Colin Brown?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro Football Focus has called Legursky the worst lineman in the NFL in I believe 2010 and 2011. He probably isnt an upgrade.....

ok they didnt say worst

"If he gets it lets just hope the starters dont get injured, less Buffalo sees some of what blighted his stay in Pittsburgh, where he was always among our lowest graded players. Take 2010 for example, where, despite starting in a Super Bowl, he earned a -16.3 on his 449 snaps, followed by a -9.6 on 609 snaps in 2011, and lastly a -10.5 on 417 snaps last year."

Colin Brown calls those numbers just another day at the office

I truly believed Z Sanders would have been switched to guard..... Was he that bad, the Bill's couldn't keep him around?

He was a great prospect with bad hips. He may yet heal after his surgery, but it was to much for this year...he was a walking cripple really. I hope he is OK for normal life .

How did Doug do today? I wasn't watching the line that closely. Anyone have an informed opinion?

I thought he did well, from what I could see. Saw him spring some good runs, and hold his own in pass protection. The one sack that he sort of gave up seemed to be mostly on Glenn, due to a bad switch on a stunt.

I will say, by contrast, I think I saw Colin Brown in the game only one series--the one right after we got the pick. A screen was run to his side, which was blown up. Next play he was blown up for a sack. Next play, Lewis was heavily pressured from that side and threw it away.

So, I would say Legursky--relative to Brown--is a huge improvement. At this point, I don't know why Brown is on the roster.

That guy with the lions mane absolutely abused Brown on that series after the interception. I didn't notice Brown much after that but I had a house full of people and couldn't watch as closely as I would have liked.