Kiko Alonso tho...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching this team lose for 14 years now. But seriously, this kid is a bonafide STAR among boys!

He's playing off-the-hook great, and I have a feeling he's pulling up the LB corps with him. Fun to watch. The dive over the line was classic. If he'd have hit the runner square, he would have crushed the guy.

I will admit I was one of the fans saying "who is that guy" when he was drafted cuz there were other more nameworthy linebackers around.B

But he has stud written all over him. He's another Urlacher, and is gonna make this draft class look stellar for years to come.

Was thinking last night while watching the draft bat some point last week someone asked the question, if we didnt draft EJ at 16, who would you rather have? Well, with what I saw last night, I would have kept my 8th pick and drafted Mingo. Having Kiko and Mingo in our line backing core would be axing for this defense.

Was thinking last night while watching the draft bat some point last week someone asked the question, if we didnt draft EJ at 16, who would you rather have? Well, with what I saw last night, I would have kept my 8th pick and drafted Mingo. Having Kiko and Mingo in our line backing core would be axing for this defense.

Mingo was drafted 6th.

That was a dirty hit on Hoyer.

I wonder if the hit on EJ was payback???

not really. It was a player rushing head first and just as EJ doesn't know how to go out of bounds, Hoyer doesn't know how to slide.

In the end, Kiko hit him over the top but didnt mean anything from the hit. Hoyer hurt his knee, not his head.

not really. It was a player rushing head first and just as EJ doesn't know how to go out of bounds, Hoyer doesn't know how to slide.

In the end, Kiko hit him over the top but didnt mean anything from the hit. Hoyer hurt his knee, not his head.

The hit was clean. A QB should know everyone wants to hit him. All he has to do is slide and Kiko jumps over him. Instead, Kiko made the smart play, hit him, personally I was hoping for a fumble.

oh. Haha. My bad

The point remains, though.

We could use a physical freak like Mingo roaming the field. Options in this year's draft?

Between Alonso and Lawson, our LB's are still only half way to being elite. Don't get me wrong, they're very good right now. But Moats and Bradham aren't exactly world beaters out there.

That was a dirty hit on Hoyer.

I wonder if the hit on EJ was payback???

I disagree. Hoyer half-assed his slide and it appeared as if he didn't know what he wanted to do - slide head first, slide feet first or keep running. Kiko was already on his way to hit him. Both plays were clean, and unfortunately both QB's got injured.

I can't wait to see a healthy D with Mario, Dareus, K. Williams, Kiko, Byrd and Gilmore all lined up. It'll make my eyes water with joy to have a player on all three levels that have to be accounted for on every play.

I disagree. Hoyer half-assed his slide and it appeared as if he didn't know what he wanted to do - slide head first, slide feet first or keep running. Kiko was already on his way to hit him. Both plays were clean, and unfortunately both QB's got injured.

If he slides like a baseball player, Kiko goes right over the top of him.