Marcell Dareus ready to break out?

I thought tonight was the best game he's played as a Bill- brought it last week too. Looks fast, even getting out to the edge against the run. He's a whole different player this year and he's playing possessed to go with all that athleticism. Go 99

Edited by J-Gun Boone

I think he HAS broken out, most just haven't noticed it yet.

Mayock has sure noticed. Thought he was going to hop on the sideline and start pleasing him he talked about him so much.

He has been a monster so far this season.

Dareus is looking great.

It looks like Pettine is playing to Dareus' strengths by having him lineup both at Tackle or End, which is what he excelled at in college.

Whatever it is, Dareus has really made an impact early on.

Dareus is looking great.

It looks like Pettine is playing to Dareus' strengths by having him lineup both at Tackle or End, which is what he excelled at in college.

Whatever it is, Dareus has really made an impact early on.

The defense is really fun to watch. Gilmore, Leodis and Byrd should make a huge difference.

I am Dareus' biggest critic. But even I can see he's a different player this year. Their defense, with all it's injuries, doesn't look to be THEE problem. Although I think they can improve upon Bradham.

Mayock has sure noticed. Thought he was going to hop on the sideline and start pleasing him he talked about him so much.

He has been a monster so far this season.

Well, for full disclosure, Mayock was adamant that Dareus was the best player in the draft that year -- and he wants to validate his opinion. That said, MD is certainly starting to shine -- and I think proper coaching has A LOT to do with it.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a better run stuffing play by a DT than the spin move to textbook tackle. Talk abiut light feet for such a huge guy. Hes also excelled this year at holding the point of attack and coming off his block to make a stop. Hes been outstanding.

I definitely saw him looking beastly lately, and I love seeing him turn the corner. also worth mentioning is the play of Mario Williams, that man is a physical freak, there's no doubt he will be a major factor in this team's success now that Darius is commanding more attention from the O-line. If you take away the BS kick return and piss-poor secondary play, this would have been a very winnable game, the Bills as a team outgained the Browns and looked more confident, even in a loss.

I am Dareus' biggest critic. But even I can see he's a different player this year. Their defense, with all it's injuries, doesn't look to be THEE problem. Although I think they can improve upon Bradham.

I respect you for owning it but I just think fans' perspectives get off some time. He always has shown flashes and has played for 2 DCs over their heads. Oh and his brother got murdered to go along with the 4 other deaths that he has already dealt with. in his young life. People go their whole lives not having as many people close to them pass away. Hopefully, his head is clear and he is in a good place.

I told ya'll. All ya'll better start listening. I got stuff to do but I'll summarize:

• Dareus was to be a gap plug. To fill the gap, sit, and give no space for the runner. On passing plays he was to collapse the pocket and beat his man by driving him back.
  • He had no LB's that could come in and make plays because the LB's in the 3-4 were just horribly out of place both as talent and on the field.

2013:

• Dareus is tasked with charging his man and rushing the gap. No more play the blocker fill the gap. It is now play the gap beat the blocker. If this doesn't make sense I'll elaborate later, please let me know...I don't mind explaining it. DL is really complicated.
  • The LB's are taking good angles to get to the ball. Combined with KWilliams who is playing the same style we are causing OL's to spread themselves out and create holes for blitzing LB's, twists, and other stunts which Mario is the benefactor of...it's a good thing.

To beat this Bills defense, if I was an OC, it'd be simple. Let Dareus and KWilliams charge the gaps, let Mario twist and turn. Send the RB up a middle screen and put two OL on Alonso. It'd get 6 yards a pop every time.

@PFF

Marcell Dareus got 7 defensive stops in the run game yesterday. Only 4 DTs have more than for the entire season.

Dude. DUDE. DEEEEWWWD. screw PFF. They've been giving him crap grades all year and now talk about how he did something now.

Dareus is the reason Lawson, Alonso, and Mario Williams are finding success. He is a Pro Bowler. Said that in the preseason - it'd be his break out Pro Bowl year.