Did the bills just become the new landing spot for Josh Freeman

263 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him?

• yes
    • no
    • give tuel another go

When favre and Edwards are brought up you know things are desperate.... sigh... here's to hoping freeman is interested. He played some good ball

If we brought Favre in we'd make a playoff run realistic. The idea that he'd come out of retirement mid-season to act as a band aid for the Bills is a stretch, but we'd be lucky to have him.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say this EJ Manuel fans, but Josh Freeman would be an upgrade over EJ right now. With Freeman, this team will make playoffs. Freeman sees the field better than EJ does at the moment, has great pocket presence and has a cannon of an arm. Yes, I'm an EJ Manuel fan, but I'm a Buffalo Bills fan first and foremost. Josh Freeman is the answer and I'm ready to bomb his Twitter account with LETS GO BUFFALO Tweets.

Just from looking at his numbers, Freeman isn't very accurate, throws lots of INTs, but does have a rocket arm....JP Losman?

He's NOTHING like JP Losman!

If you were Freeman would you come to the Bills? I wouldn't. The Bucs paid him already. I'd be taking a vacation and waiting until the end of the year to see where I would have the best shot to play. He's obviously going to be the most sought after veteran QB so he can just bide his time and wait for an opportunity to open up for a lucrative long term deal. Playing 2-3 games for a mediocre team (and risking injury) wouldn't be something he would be interested in imo

Edited by kdiggz

I hate to say this EJ Manuel fans, but Josh Freeman would be an upgrade over EJ right now. With Freeman, this team will make playoffs. Freeman sees the field better than EJ does at the moment, has great pocket presence and has a cannon of an arm. Yes, I'm an EJ Manuel fan, but I'm a Buffalo Bills fan first and foremost. Josh Freeman is the answer and I'm ready to bomb his Twitter account with LETS GO BUFFALO Tweets.

He's NOTHING like JP Losman!

I hate to agree with you... but I agree with you :wallbash:

If you were Freeman would you come to the Bills? I wouldn't. The Bucs paid him already. I'd be taking a vacation and waiting until the end of the year to see where I would have the best shot to play. He's obviously going to be the most sought after veteran QB so he can just bide his time and wait for an opportunity to open up for a lucrative long term deal. Playing 2-3 games for a mediocre team (and risking injury) wouldn't be something he would be interested in imo

If I had to repair my reputation (unfairly or not), I could think of worse teams to come to than one with two excellent RBs, one of whom can block like a mofo, emerging WRs and a rapidly improving defense.

he at worst has an audition.......considering his competition (lewis) can't see how he isn't the best option/opportunity and his demands are min salary (given his pay from Bucs)...........add it all up and i would be shocked if he wasn't added to the roster in advance of the CIN game

If I had to repair my reputation (unfairly or not), I could think of worse teams to come to than one with two excellent RBs, one of whom can block like a mofo, emerging WRs and a rapidly improving defense.

I say we start a campaign and blow up his Twitter account. We'll even give him his #5. Hopkins wouldn't mind as his spot on the roster is in question.

I say we start a campaign and blow up his Twitter account. We'll even give him his #5. Hopkins wouldn't mind as his spot on the roster is in question.

His agent is Erik Burkhardt (@erikburkhardt) blow up his twitter too. Hell, blow up Russ Brandon's too. Guys, Freeman is the answer. Think about it, we play the Bucs on 12/8, what better ending to the saga than to march in there and spank the Bucs with Freeman at the helm. Great PR.

Disagree... he will want this next contract to be a good one and he has played like sh**t so far this season plus all the bad PR. He is only 25. It is in his best interest to latch onto a team this year that can use him, ie the Bills, where he can start right away, ie the Bills, but is not expected to be the franchise QB, ie thwe Bills so he can sign a nice deal in the off season with a team that has QB question marks (ie Houston, Minn, Cincy, Jets) but isn't in a spot to play him right now.

FWIW, just tweeted Jason La Canfora and asked if Josh Freeman is in play for Bills...his response:

"Highly, highly doubtful"

The national guys all seem to be on the same page with this... saw where Ian Rapaport said Freeman would be a terrible fit for the Bills offense. I don't know why that is, but I am not really an Xs and Os person. Can he hand off to Spiller and Jackson and throw on play action? Sign here.

The national guys all seem to be on the same page with this... saw where Ian Rapaport said Freeman would be a terrible fit for the Bills offense. I don't know why that is, but I am not really an Xs and Os person. Can he hand off to Spiller and Jackson and throw on play action? Sign here.

Sent a follow up tweet asking if he heard any names yet but he never replied, so I am assuming not yet

You guys are delusional. How about we spank the bucs with EJ on 12/8 and not Freeman. 12/8 is after all about 8 weeks away.

Its sad what desperation does to people. You guys make freeman out to be dan marino.

Not sure what's delusional about wanting a capable QB during EJs absence. IMO, Josh is the most capable. If we let Tuel play, chances are that game on 12/8 doesn't mean anything except who get a better pick in '14 draft

You guys are delusional. How about we spank the bucs with EJ on 12/8 and not Freeman. 12/8 is after all about 8 weeks away.

Its sad what desperation does to people. You guys make freeman out to be dan marino.

How about signing Freeman and shelving Manuel for the rest of season. Manuel is scheduled to be out for 6-8 weeks. Why rush him back? We don't want a repeat of RGIII. Freeman may not be Marino, but he's the best thing out there

How about signing Freeman and shelving Manuel for the rest of season. Manuel is scheduled to be out for 6-8 weeks. Why rush him back? We don't want a repeat of RGIII. Freeman may not be Marino, but he's the best thing out there

THIS. I agree. Shelving Manuel would allow him to heal up, stay healthy and continue to grow and develop. If we can pick up freeman for the vet minimum, why not? He has no leverage. He's getting paid by the Bucs like he's still their starter. We have nothing to lose. If he wins, he can restore his reputation and field offers next season. If he loses, we release him end of the season. Signing Freeman would be a statement that this new regime is committed to putting a winning product.

:lol:

Nah...He's better... ;)

Seriously though...Freeman as average as he's looked at times, would seemingly be a HUGE upgrade to Tuel...And that speaks more about how unready Tuel is than it does how good Freeman is...And the only question right now for the Bills at QB is how much better they can do than Tuel...None of the available options is going to be a challenge to EJ... B-)

When did Ian Rapaport become a scout/talent evaluator?

We should have kept TJax.

I was hoping for a .500 season but with EJ out up to 8 weeks, I'm not feeling very confident about our chances when our QB options are so unspectacular.

The shame of it is, our defense will finally be healthy next week. In fact, other than EJ and Kolb, the team will be mostly healthy against Cinci.