NFL's Defensive rook of the month...Kiko

I think the Alonso pick was the result of trading down with the Rams. I don't know whether to credit Nix, Whaley, or both but so far that pick has been a homerun and long overdue I might add.

We basically traded Tavon Austin for EJ and Kiko, plus we got Robert Woods in the 2nd. That is called crushing it.

SI has an APB out for Tavon.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think the Alonso pick was the result of trading down with the Rams. I don't know whether to credit Nix, Whaley, or both but so far that pick has been a homerun and long overdue I might add.

Correct - the bills reached with their first round, 8th overall pick by picking up kiko And EJ.

What a stupid move.

Congratulations to Kiko.

I might be wrong, but to my recollection the last Bills rookie on defense to be named rookie of the month was Sam Cowart.

I might be wrong too, but I'd bet Jarius Byrd won it too.

We basically traded Tavon Austin for EJ and Kiko, plus we got Robert Woods in the 2nd. That is called crushing it.

PTR

don't forget we also got chris gragg out of that deal, so there's that.

but as far as kiko goes, i am very excited about his play. he was billed as someone with football instincts, intelligence and a high motor. thus far, that appears to be spot on.

Edited by swnybillsfan

PTR

Correct - the bills reached with their first round, 8th overall pick by picking up kiko And EJ.

What a stupid move.

don't forget we also got chris gragg out of that deal, so there's that.

but as far as kiko goes, i am very excited about his play. he was billed as someone with football instincts, intelligence and a high motor. thus far, that appears to be spot on.

No, No, No and No.

The exact trade is as follows:

The Bills got:

EJ Manuel 16th overall, RD1

Kiko Alonso 46th overall, RD2

Marquis Goodwin 78th overall, RD3

Criss Gragg 222nd overall, RD7

The Rams got:

Tavon Austin 8th overall, RD1

T.J. McDonald 71st overall, RD3

Yes, that is exactly correct, period. And, no, Goodwin for McDonald DOES count, because they chose McDonald, when they moved ahead of us by swapping 3s with us, instead of taking Goodwin. (So that is quite enough of that)

That is the real trade, and yes, it's already a wipeout. Unless Austin significantly improves(let's see where he is two seasons from now, could happen), this is perhaps one of the most lopsided draft trades of all time. However, if Cragg can improve? It doesn't matter what Austin does.

Who is the actual defensive player of the month (i.e., not just rookie)? I'd be shocked if there was a better defender in the whole league than Kiko last month.

I guess the DE in kansas City will get it, because he has 7.5 Sacks.