Is Aaron Williams injured?

The speculation is A Williams will go back to Safety If McKelvin can start.

Myself personally, Williams would play the Bills shut down Corner until Gilmore returns.

I saw a player (in williams) that seems to be really developing into a strong defender at corner with really good field awareness, I'd also like to see him stay at corner for a while now too.

I saw a player (in williams) that seems to be really developing into a strong defender at corner with really good field awareness, I'd also like to see him stay at corner for a while now too.

By all reports he lost his confidence last year.

He seems to have gotten it back. And that seems to be making all the difference.

He seems to have gotten it back. And that seems to be making all the difference.

Is this all due to Pettine's defensive scheme?

Now in the long run, does this mean that A Williams should move back to CB, or does he remain a Safety?

THIS

and I think finally having an uber-capable coordinator will allow williams to do just that...

Marcel Dareus got one of his sacks from DE position Sunday. Why should the backfield be rigid when the line has shown you can have success through fluidity?

Imagine what fluidity we can create with Williams, Byrd, McKelvin and Gilmore. (I think I just peed a little)

Marcel Dareus got one of his sacks from DE position Sunday. Why should the backfield be rigid when the line has shown you can have success through fluidity?

Imagine what fluidity we can create with Williams, Byrd, McKelvin and Gilmore. (I think I just peed a little)

minus Byrd of course : )

its actually been kind of fun to watch this defense (finally) this year - minus the whole getting off the field on third down issues that still seem to plague us - but ill chalk that up to us being depleted through injuries for the most part and it being early on in the season

minus Byrd of course : )

its actually been kind of fun to watch this defense (finally) this year - minus the whole getting off the field on third down issues that still seem to plague us - but ill chalk that up to us being depleted through injuries for the most part and it being early on in the season

Very true. Success or failure, nobody can accuse this defense of being vanilla.

Williams played a great game. Even when he got burned deep, he made a shoestring TD saving tackle that limited the damage to 3 points rather than 7. That 4 point difference turned out to be the difference between winning 23-20 and losing 23-24.

this is all about coaching I think....go back to this time last year. Most people had Mckelvin and Williams and draft bust....now look at this year? These guys are on the brink of playing at a pro bowl level. How does 2 db's go from being burried at the bottom of the depth chart to this level of production and one year? New coaching staff and scheme. Brought out the best and these 2 guys. Until Gilmore gets back, I'd like to see Williams and Mckelvin at CB Robey at nickel And Byrd and Leonhard at Safety Searcy Dime.

And when Gilmore comes back who would you send to the bench???? I am sure the obvious answer would be Leonhard but I that guy has been a stud this year. I am really feeling that our secondary (healthy) is one of the biggest strengths on this team.

Man I was really feeling for Aaron after he made that second pick in the endzone. He had already hurt his shoulder on that earlier play, and on the INT in the endzone where he hurt his back he elevated like Megatron and landed directly on his back.

There are no pads on your back in the NFL, just up around the collar. If you're hunching over trying to hold on to the football it's pretty much like falling backwards off a dresser and landing on your back.

We always knew you could hit Aaron, but nobody knew what kind of heart you had until the Baltimore game. incredible. If he isn't the AFC player of the week then there is something wrong with the voting. There is NO way we win that game without 23.

My prediction - Williams and McKelvin start at CB. Leonhard at FS. Searcy at SS. Byrd plays in sub-package with three safeties over Duke Williams. Rogers sits.

Browns best player may be there TE. It will be very interesting to see who covers him.

well Rogers wont "sit" - he will play about half the game in various packages - we use all of our corners, every game...Rogers will play, Robey will play...

and life as a young DB in the NFL...

and life with a terrible defensive coordinator

and life on a terrible defense that cannot even pretend to stop the run so they have to throw 8 bodies at it, leaving the corner on an island all game long to get toasted

and life on a defense that cant pressure the QB so the DB has to stay with his man for 10 seconds, and against a QB who can always set his feet due to lack of pressure and put the ball on the money

this year, the defense is stopping the run with about 5 guys on average, leaving safeties to help over the top, and LBs and other DBs underneath, and the defense is pressuring QBs into poorly thrown balls that allow the DB time to recover and/or look back for the ball and get a hand on it (see: williams end zone play last week)

From PFF's Third Phase...2t. Marcus Easley +2.5 – Buffalo (28 snaps)

Roles: Right Gunner (11), Punt Returns (7), Kick Returner (5), KO Coverage (5)

To answer your question first – no, this grade does not include his work as a kick returner; it’s purely based on how he performed in the other facets of ST play. And what a job he did. There were only four punts returned (in no small part because of his work as a gunner) and he made the tackle on three of them while adding another on a kick return. In fact the only thing holding him back was a relatively minor false start on a punt that made a 4th-and-4, 4th-and-9...oops..wrong thread..sorry

Edited by Kemp2Warlick

Aaron Williams 2012 run his ass out of town!

Aaron Williams 2013 unsung hero!

Life as a Buffalo Bill lol

LOL....thank goodness a couple new candidates stepped in to take over Aaron's position as #1 TSW whipping boy.

Difference is how safety is playing partly.

Watch Leonhard - he is playing over the top unlike Tin Man man who was often out of position forcing other safety to play cover up.

Very true. Success or failure, nobody can accuse this defense of being vanilla.

Yes we have tuti-fruiti, rocky road with extra sugar.

Our secondary, contrary to what we all thought has not been much of an issue at all. Its got to be the coaching. No? Hell, it almost looks like they could install us that have posted in this thread to the secondary and we'd tear em up !!