Quarterback Sneak?

Gasjuggler

Yeah, I'm curious about the lack of sneaks too. I'm guessing it has to do with EJ's knee and trying to protect him as much as possible.

And Brady runs the best QB sneaks I've ever seen. He waits for the line to push forward before dipping into the hole for the first. I don't know how many QBs I've seen who just immediately run into the back of their center.

Run the sneak. Does it make sense to turn around and hand the ball to a running back who is 5 yards back when all you have to do is fall forward 1 yard? Think about it. It's common sense. Our QB is bigger than most of their defensive players. Use his size to our advantage and sneak that ball forward. He won't get hit if he stays low behind the line. We desperately needed those 3 points before halftime and we almost lost the game because of it. The call doesn't even need to come from the coaches, EJ should just tell Wood he is following behind him and do it quick to catch the D sleeping

Oh and what's scarier? Your franchise qb hiding behind 300 pound linemen pushing the pile and falling forward for a yard or having him running the option and taking big hits like they did a few times yesterday?

Not only do we not get the first downs on 3rd and 1 but we consistently lose yardage.

thats because the play call is a dive up the middle and the defense knows that. At least if it was a QB sneak we gain the extra yardage instead of the RB having to get up to the line first.

My kids heard me screaing for the sneak on both 3rd and 1's. As someone else stated he is 6'5 and over 230lbs diving behind Wood. It's a no-brainer. Yes the DT were lined up inside and both MLB's run blitzed the A gaps. I still say a QB sneak works over 90% of the time. Could have been a run play between guard and tackle. Those are the plays that can go the distance if the defense sells out for the A gaps. How about an option play. Lynch scored on the mini-option last weekend and Buffalo has run it well in the past. Anything but a 22 dive.

Sorry I don't listen to WGR anymore.

Wasn't being critical - I think it's a great question.

And what was Marrone's response?

he went into a bunch of coach speak, but said that he would consider it. Obviously, he didn't use it against the Ravens, but maybe we'll see it against the Browns.