Bills All 22

Fan in Chicago

Somehow I did not see this posted so thought it deserved its own thread.

http://www.wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/17263530

Very interesting read, and here are conclusions per this analysis (quoting):

"- CJ Spiller’s struggles aren’t a major concern, yet. It’s tough to figure whats going on in just one week and how the Bills will make adjustments.

- EJ Manuel showed an awful lot to be excited about. Perhaps more than anything is his understanding of the offense.

- I think the Bills offense is just scratching the surface of what they intend to be, and it’s pretty exciting."

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Joe B's assessment:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17264467.php?contentType=4&contentId=13766724

Some notes:

- Joe thought Marcel had the best day of any of the DL. Started slow, but finished really strong.

- Colin Brown had the worst day out of the OL, no surprise there.

- EJ had a good game, but it looked like the playbook was limited. Most of the route trees were of the shorter variety.

- Kiko was mostly solid, but overpersued on some plays.

Lots of factual info in both.... My take always are:

-MD99 is the key to run D consistency

-there is finally hope at linebacker, nice start Kiko, Bradham played well, Lawson a solid pich up and Moats may have finally found his home.

- Spiller played liked he did as a rookie running into his linemen instead of the hole... Hopefully first game jitters and falling into the hype,I remember they called him Reggie boobbie because he likes to go fast, but needed slow down and let the play develop then burst through the hole...

-EJ is a stud.cant wait to pull out my thread predicting he is ORoY

- Colin brown needs to be fixed. If I didn't know any better I'd say its typical Beli attacking the weakest links.

The team looked at lot more like they had talent to win and weren't just getting lucky to stay close. This team is on the path now.

Here's Joe B's assessment:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/17264467.php?contentType=4&contentId=13766724

Some notes:

- Joe thought Marcel had the best day of any of the DL. Started slow, but finished really strong.

- Colin Brown had the worst day out of the OL, no surprise there.

- EJ had a good game, but it looked like the playbook was limited. Most of the route trees were of the shorter variety.

- Kiko was mostly solid, but overpersued on some plays.

I'm hoping, much like Wilson, after a few weeks they start giving him more. Hopefully 1-2 nice plays and good defense will keep us competitive in the meantime.

I'm hoping, much like Wilson, after a few weeks they start giving him more. Hopefully 1-2 nice plays and good defense will keep us competitive in the meantime.

Agreed. Wish our D more closely resembled the Seahawks' D that was able to keep Wilson in every game though.

GO BILLS!!!

YOu are welcome. Good to read some real analysis in a sea of biased opinions. I will also like to see this for our D as I thought they played pretty well considering injuries to the backfield, new scheme, many new players etc

Going to check out the Bills All-22 for myself when it's available via Game Rewind at noon today. Thanks again.

Another thing about the All-22 that made me feel a little bit better about the playcalling -- it seems CJ had some open cutback lanes he just failed to utilize, for whatever reason. I had simply assumed the middle was clogged up and he had nowhere to run, but that appears to have not been the case. Hackett was calling plays that could have worked -- CJ just had an off day. Given what he had been dealing with personally I'll give him a pass, but it will be interesting to see how he bounces back on Sunday against another stout D front.