Bills All 22

Fan in Chicago

On J-Byrd's interception: http://www.buffaloru...jairus-byrd-int

kj

The highlight of the game for the Bills. Love Byrd's ball hawking skills. Nothing much after that play. :(

@JoeBuscaglia

Exhibit C: A cut your losses type of play. DL beats Eric Wood, cutback right & salvage for 1-2. Bounces left for -1 pic.twitter.com/OmMoqO5GW1

@JoeBuscaglia

Keep in mind those examples were Spiller's 2nd, 3rd & 4th carry of the game, all 1st quarter. Didn't get another carry until the 3rd quarter

post-1597-0-97125700-1384268042_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last pic is upsetting. What a huge hole infront of him but he decides to cut left

CBF

Pretty sure that's why the coaches sat him down until the 3rd quarter. Without naming CJ, Marrone mentioned several missed opportunities in the run game in his Monday Presser.

Very disheartening. Don't know what's in CJ's head, but if he doesn't get it straight he's not going to see the field much. There were yards to be had against Pitt, which could have gotten the Bills into the flow and given EJ some better opportunities.

Very disheartening. Don't know what's in CJ's head, but if he doesn't get it straight he's not going to see the field much. There were yards to be had against Pitt, which could have gotten the Bills into the flow and given EJ some better opportunities.

I was sitting behind the endzone watching CJ miss all these holes and first play with Freddy and he does the same damn thing! Though Freddie didn't have as much of a hole but the Pittsburgh run defense was keying the outside corner. It really wasn't until the second half that runs up the middle were called. Frustrating.

This only backs up what I thought during and immediately after the game. I thought it was really odd seeing as Pitt was the 31st ranked run defense.

I still think EJ had his worst game though but the running game was horrible and certainly did not help him. A rookie QB needs to lean heavily on the run game.

All-22 Review - Bills/Steelers - EJ's Return: http://www.wgr550.co...tentId=14169401

EJ Manuel’s return to the Buffalo Bills lineup did not go the way that many had hoped it would. Jeremy White’s All-22 gives a good look at all the ways the Steelers tried to fool the Bills rookie, and what must improve going forward.

Very little went right for the Buffalo Bills on Sunday in Pittsburgh. EJ Manuel finished out with a very forgettable stat line of 22 of 39, for 155 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. He becomes the latest QB to fall victim to Dick Lebeau. The Steelers DC is in the Hall of Fame (Class of 2010) and Sunday he certainly looked the part.

Let’s start here: EJ Manuel can be much better.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Upon Further Review: Bills at Steelers: http://www.wgr550.com/Upon-Further-Review--Bills-at-Steelers/17747084

The Buffalo Bills entered their Week 10 contest coming off an impressive showing against an undefeated team, but weren't able to use the positivity from that outing in their game versus Pittsburgh. Despite the return of their first-round quarterback, the Bills couldn't get anything established on the offensive side of the ball when it counted.

The Bills had perhaps their worst showing of the season in the 23-10 loss to the Steelers. Before they move on to another contest against the rival New York Jets, first we take a detailed look at the game that was and how each individual offensive and defensive player looked throughout the ordeal.

Every week, with the help of the All-22 film available through NFL.com's Game Rewind package, WGR will provide the standouts, the duds and everything in between from the game that was.

Previous Installments:

Week 1 - New England 23, Buffalo 21

Week 2 - Buffalo 24, Carolina 23

Week 3 - New York Jets 27, Buffalo 20

Week 4 - Buffalo 23, Baltimore 20

Week 5 - Cleveland 37, Buffalo 24

Week 6 - Cincinnati 27, Buffalo 24

Week 7 - Buffalo 23 Miami 21

Week 8 - New Orleans 35, Buffalo 17

Week 9 - Kansas City 23, Buffalo 13

Twitter: @JoeBuscaglia

@JoeBuscaglia Exhibit A of why Spiller may be in Marrone's dog house: Look at this hole forming & 28 instead bounces left. #Bills pic.twitter.com/pxxQ4nBv2c

This really isn't about missing a hole based on a split second decision......this is about knowing what to expect. He knows the play.....we assume......he sees the defensive alignment.....so he should have a decent idea how the line is going to block the play.....yet only when he gets the ball does he start to process where to run with the football. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to have a good idea where these holes are going to be when standing at his position pre-snap.

We shall see if EJM learned anything about 3-4 defenses, this week against the Jets.

Sure looked like he was learning a ton in the Cleveland game before he got derailed. That's the same Cleveland defense coached by a LeBeau decipal in Ray Horton.

GO BILLS!!!

"Manuel didn't allow his receivers to go through their routes when he had ample time in the pocket. If a receiver wasn't open within 2.5 seconds, the quarterback would dump it down to a running back or tight end for a minimal gain."

This was pretty much what Marrone said in his post game presser.

Though not a good thing......at least it shows that Manuel could greatly improve(lol, wouldn't be hard from last weeks performance)......and it shows that Marrone knows what is going on.

Further from the wgr550 All-22 on this....

"On many different plays throughout the Steelers game, Manuel had time in the pocket and a receiver on the cusp of getting open when he elected to dump it down. Eventually the young quarterback is going to have to prove that he can hit tight window throws down the field consistently. He's been quite hesitant to try it and shows the tendency to rather play the risk aversion game to instead attempt to nickel and dime the defense."

"Manuel didn't allow his receivers to go through their routes when he had ample time in the pocket. If a receiver wasn't open within 2.5 seconds, the quarterback would dump it down to a running back or tight end for a minimal gain."

Though not a good thing......at least it shows that Manuel could greatly improve(lol, wouldn't be hard from last weeks performance)......and it shows that Marrone knows what is going on.

"On many different plays throughout the Steelers game, Manuel had time in the pocket and a receiver on the cusp of getting open when he elected to dump it down. Eventually the young quarterback is going to have to prove that he can hit tight window throws down the field consistently. He's been quite hesitant to try it and shows the tendency to rather play the risk aversion game to instead attempt to nickel and dime the defense."

We were saying this all game while watching. And it's my biggest concern moving forward with EJ. It was the first time I saw him look impatient the majority of snaps in a game. Almost jittery. When this happens, everything else will break down, particularly his already poor lower body mechanics. Could be a combination of things, not the least of which it was the first time in over a month he saw any live action.

How he responds against a very good defense will say a lot about the type of player I think he is and can become.

GO BILLS!!!

He looked "alright" against Cleveland, I wouldn't say he was carving them up.

He came out hot in the third quarter. The 4th time this season he had done it the first drive of the second half, too. That tells me good things about what he and Hackett were seeing.

Water through the dam, though. As he certainly looked like he regressed against Pittsburgh.

GO BILLS!!!

This was precisely my perception as I watched the game. It seems that EJ is worried about making the big mistake, rather than trying to make the big play. You'd have to think that can be coached, and EJ is certainly a smart guy.

There were some things I liked about watching the highlights, though -- EJ does look off defenders and does not stare down his primary read. That's something much more difficult to coach, and give me optimism that as EJ gets more comfortable taking some chances we will see the results.

This was precisely my perception as I watched the game. It seems that EJ is worried about making the big mistake, rather than trying to make the big play. You'd have to think that can be coached, and EJ is certainly a smart guy.

There were some things I liked about watching the highlights, though -- EJ does look off defenders and does not stare down his primary read. That's something much more difficult to coach, and give me optimism that as EJ gets more comfortable taking some chances we will see the results.

It's funny how we constantly rotate between guys that are too aggressive and make bad plays, and guys who are too gun shy and won't throw down field.

JP Losman: Too Aggressive

Trent Edwards: too gun shy

Fitz: too aggressive

EJ: Too gun shy

(Might even add Tuel to the list as being too aggressive)