McKelvin Island?

Dr. K

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it's premature, after just two games, but could Leodis finally be living up to expectations?

I just logged on to do the same post!! Nice! Most improved CB in league. Called coaching players up and instilling confidence which Pettine/Marrone has done with all our guys. Wait til Byrd and Gilmore copme back. Best defense in league!!!! Yes, Leodis Idland!

Agreed. Damn. Just imagine when Gilmore is back. And Byrd, too, though S play has been good so far w/o him. We can't forget Leodis was what, 9th overall? That's serious talent, no matter if it's a slight over reach. We have two potentially great CB's now. Young, too.

I was always a little higher on Leodis than most, even though I acknowledged his terrible ball awareness. But the second half of last year, and the first two games, he has been excellent. No CBs have all great games. But Leodis has been very good. Very smart signing by The Bills front office, IMO.

Same here - and yeah - when they get Gilmore back they are going to be an awesome tandem!!

Leodis came out of college born to play press man. Unfortunately none of the defensive coordinators seemed to understand this until Pettine came to town. His weakness is playing defense in space. Problem solved with a competent DC.

Weird how a better coach can bring the best out in a player, huh? Haha. That's what pisses me off about people--they write guys off without understanding how important scheme and coaching is on a player's development, and production in general. Someone sucking or playing good on one team or with one set of coaches doesn't at all mean it'll be the same result with another

Weird how a better coach can bring the best out in a player, huh? Haha. That's what pisses me off about people--they write guys off without understanding how important scheme and coaching is on a player's development, and production in general. Someone sucking or playing good on one team or with one set of coaches doesn't at all mean it'll be the same result with another

Could we have done same thing with Maybin??? Yeah, I know its pushing it but thought just came to me...

Not just good games but he showed actual ball awareness.

This much is true and is the big difference in his game from previous years. He would run all the way with the WR but could not make a play on the ball, though it is certainly tough to play CB in this league if you don't or can't pressure the QB and that was a big part of playing DB for the Buffalo Bills the last couple of years.