Dareus' chance for revenge on Carolina this Sunday

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone bashing him didn't watch the game. He was doubled, at least, every play. At least four times in the first half he dropped back to middle coverage. Several points you could tell he was supposed to occupy space.

First half only I grade him a B. I have watched the first half 4 times. And full game twice. I'll watch it again twice tomorrow.

A lot of you are just saying we got no pressure because whoever the jackass commentator was kept repeating that. I saw a lot of pressure and a lot of disruption. Hands were up every pass and Brady didn't have options to roll out. If we play every QB like we did Brady we should win many games this year.

When Dareus was passed up by Denver and Carolina in the 2011 draft, he vowed he would make it hell for them everytime he played them for passing up on him in the draft.

http://blogs.buffalo...bout-going-3rd/

"When asked if he should have been the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Bills top pick had a very quick answer. “Yes,” was his reply. And when he didn’t go off the board first or second he immediately had two enemies, the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos.

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus."

Well Dareus, it's your chance on Sunday to either "put up" or "shut up."

He's made it hell for us, time to earn that 3rd overall Marcell

Well maybe when they do something memorable I will put more effort into getting the right spelling. However you figured out who I meant.

Read many of the threads here this week. Many apologists for many of the players this past Sunday. Newsflash! We lost and have been losing for what the last 13 years! Too many fans SETTLE for a couple good plays regardless of the outcome. Really need to demand more and start winning

Amen!

I was not a fan of the Dareus pick. I actually wanted Robert Quinn who was drafted many picks later. Yet, even Quinn looks like he's another great player from that draft (3 sacks in WK 1).

Back then I felt that Dareus just gave me a vibe that he didn't love playing football. A little bit like the Bills' bust LT, Mike Williams. I still have that suspicion given his lack of "star" type of play. This year is the year to prove he wasn't a "bust" pick at #3 overall.

Bills fans are not going to be happy at all with Dareus if he doesn't perform at an all pro level this year given the quality of players coming out of that draft. It's not being harsh, it's just reality. I see no reason for him not to have a great game at home against the Panthers.

Ngata - Beast right away. Suh - Beast right away. Pat Williams - Beast. Sapp - Beast. All I'm saying is the kid doesn't appear that he will be a game changer. He may end up being solid.

I guess it just sucks that there was 4 perennial game changers drafted after our guy. I'm not throwing dirt on the guy. But I think Buffalo should keep DT in the "need" category going into next year.

Williams didnt even become a full time starter for a few years I'm not sure you can call him great right out of the gate. Didnt make the probowl til nearly 10 years into his career. In fact he might be an example of exactly what you are saying doesnt exist.

McCoy looks to be another potentially.

Williams didnt even become a full time starter for a few years I'm not sure you can call him great right out of the gate. Didnt make the probowl til nearly 10 years into his career. In fact he might be an example of exactly what you are saying doesnt exist.

McCoy looks to be another potentially.

Pat Williams was a beast the day he stepped on the field and that's why he made the team as a UDFA. He may have grown (literally) within his role to become an all pro, etc.. But I think anyone could see he was a player. McCoy was injured and only played in 19 games in his 1st 2 years (Still had 7 sacks to Dareus'11 over 32 games). If he's a fair comparison, he proves my point.

I guess we just differ on the point. I think Dareus is a "sometimes" player and I don't think you can coach consistency. But, I know it'll take another bottom 3rd defensive year before the Bills start looking at their "talented" defensive line. Good start to that.

Actually, there were a lot more than that.

I was being nice.

He was talented and exceeded his draft position but wasn't a stud. He improved yearly and became a force.

nonsense. It was immediately clear that he was an absolute steal in the 5th round. I believe he started every game his rookie year and was definitely one of the best defensive players on the team.

Kyle Williams

Don't even get me started on Kyle Williams. You know fellas....there's a reason the defense has been horrible. KW showed up well in his first year, but I fear injuries has robbed him of his game. You can't be a "rolling ball of butcher knives" if you can't roll. His best days are behind him. 1 Achilles injury is tough, but 2?

Please tell me if we go half the season with horrible run defense, you all will look at our D line and consider how overrated they are. If they start shutting people down (doubt it), Ill come back and admit how little I know about football.

nonsense. It was immediately clear that he was an absolute steal in the 5th round. I believe he started every game his rookie year and was definitely one of the best defensive players on the team.

Steal in the 5th absolutely but in his 1st 2 years he wasn't the player that MD was. If we are talking about draft value KW is FAR superior but if we are over the point of where they are drafted than the comparison of their play is close.

Not all guys are great immediately and it appeared that MD may be improving. Lets see if it continues but considering what he went through last year I am not judging his performance too much. We will see this year what he becomes but the people writing him off at this point are crazy.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Don't even get me started on Kyle Williams. You know fellas....there's a reason the defense has been horrible. KW showed up well in his first year, but I fear injuries has robbed him of his game. You can't be a "rolling ball of butcher knives" if you can't roll. His best days are behind him. 1 Achilles injury is tough, but 2?

Please tell me if we go half the season with horrible run defense, you all will look at our D line and consider how overrated they are. If they start shutting people down (doubt it), Ill come back and admit how little I know about football.

I agree with you 100% With KW's decline in play since his heel injuries, and Dareus not living up to the expectations of him being a dominant DT (considering he was drafted 3rd overall), the D-line has underachieved.

Like you, if the D-line turns it around, I will have no problems eating a big bowl of crow and admitting that I was wrong.

I'm sure it doesn't help that in three years he's had three different DC's, three different schemes and a revolving door of players around him. Also if the secondary can't cover he doesn't get much time to get up field to the QB. But the running up the middle last week was a disappointment to this accountant! (I'm sure as hell not a football expert.. :beer: )