Dareus' chance for revenge on Carolina this Sunday

Jerry Jabber

When Dareus was passed up by Denver and Carolina in the 2011 draft, he vowed he would make it hell for them everytime he played them for passing up on him in the draft.

http://blogs.buffalo...bout-going-3rd/

"When asked if he should have been the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Bills top pick had a very quick answer. “Yes,” was his reply. And when he didn’t go off the board first or second he immediately had two enemies, the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos.

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus."

Well Dareus, it's your chance on Sunday to either "put up" or "shut up."

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus did not have an awful game last week. He was double and triple teamed throughout the game. The worst play he had was one of the biggest Pat plays - the long run in the 1st qtr.

He was relentless in getting to the ball. I will watch the game about 2 or 3 more times in coaches view, though.

When Dareus was passed up by Denver and Carolina in the 2011 draft, he vowed he would make it hell for them everytime he played them for passing up on him in the draft.

http://blogs.buffalo...bout-going-3rd/

"When asked if he should have been the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Bills top pick had a very quick answer. “Yes,” was his reply. And when he didn’t go off the board first or second he immediately had two enemies, the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos.

“If I ever get a chance to play Carolina I’m going to make them pay for passing up on me,” said Dareus."

Well Dareus, it's your chance on Sunday to either "put up" or "shut up."

I'm sure there are thousands of Carolina fans who remind their front office every day about the huge mistake they made when they passed on Dareus for Cam Newton. Bunch of naysayers.

Dareus did not have an awful game last week. He was double and triple teamed throughout the game. The worst play he had was one of the biggest Pat plays - the long run in the 1st qtr.

He was relentless in getting to the ball. I will watch the game about 2 or 3 more times in coaches view, though.

I think we seriously need to stop gauging the success of our players strictly by the widely acknowledged stats. The defense did great last week, which means the guys on the field did well. Yes, the run D could be cleaned up, but if Dareus was getting double and triple teamed all game, how can any of us criticize him for not having gaudy stats? The guy(s) getting double and/or triple teamed are playing a vital role, freeing up the other guys to make the highlight plays. I recall Dareus having a great drop back and knocking down a Brady pass on an important play. Someone who has NFL rewind or all 22 or whatever would need to go in depth and watch Dareus all game to see how he really did, plus they'd need to have a really good handle on our scheme(s) employed throughout the whole game. Dareus is still very young--I'm shocked by the amount of Bills fans who are ready to write this guy off at the beginning of his third year.

I'm surprised at the amount of recent Alabama defensive players who have turned out to be average NFL players (Dareus, Mt. Cody, Hightower).

The offensive players oddly seem to fare better.

The REason: their defense is so stacked with 4 and 5 star athletes that they mask any deficincies. Their D coordinator is the best on college and their depth makes them a factory. Once they get to the next level they have a hard time being counted on and the spot light is that much brighter.

I am usually pretty critical of the guy but I thought that he played his best game as a pro on Sunday. I was in town and at the game and he was literally everywhere. I don't know if it is hard to tell on TV or if he was just way better this week but he was all over the field. I saw that his PFF grade was not that high which made me question that. He carrie blockers, penetrated, strung plays out; he was an absolute force. Like I said I have not been his biggest supporter but if he plays like that I am all for it.

I found it quite comical after the game hearing guys that know nothing about football (Schoop) commenting on his performance. He didn't even know what he was watching. Lets hope he makes Carolina pay.

I'm surprised at the amount of recent Alabama defensive players who have turned out to be average NFL players (Dareus, Mt. Cody, Hightower).

The offensive players oddly seem to fare better.

Maybe because they are so good on defense as a unit they make each other look better than they really are as individuals?

I'm sure there are thousands of Carolina fans who remind their front office every day about the huge mistake they made when they passed on Dareus for Cam Newton. Bunch of naysayers.

Von Miller might not look bad to them - suspension aside.

I think we seriously need to stop gauging the success of our players strictly by the widely acknowledged stats. The defense did great last week, which means the guys on the field did well. Yes, the run D could be cleaned up, but if Dareus was getting double and triple teamed all game, how can any of us criticize him for not having gaudy stats? The guy(s) getting double and/or triple teamed are playing a vital role, freeing up the other guys to make the highlight plays. I recall Dareus having a great drop back and knocking down a Brady pass on an important play. Someone who has NFL rewind or all 22 or whatever would need to go in depth and watch Dareus all game to see how he really did, plus they'd need to have a really good handle on our scheme(s) employed throughout the whole game. Dareus is still very young--I'm shocked by the amount of Bills fans who are ready to write this guy off at the beginning of his third year.

no one has looked at wilfork. Week 1 he did nothing. Last night did nothing.

Add Rolando McLain & Dee Milliner to that list. Mark Barron may end up there too.

I am usually pretty critical of the guy but I thought that he played his best game as a pro on Sunday. I was in town and at the game and he was literally everywhere. I don't know if it is hard to tell on TV or if he was just way better this week but he was all over the field. I saw that his PFF grade was not that high which made me question that. He carrie blockers, penetrated, strung plays out; he was an absolute force. Like I said I have not been his biggest supporter but if he plays like that I am all for it.

I found it quite comical after the game hearing guys that know nothing about football (Schoop) commenting on his performance. He didn't even know what he was watching. Lets hope he makes Carolina pay.

PFF grades on non-skill position players are about as reliable and accurate as JP Losman was on a screen pass . Marcel had a "feast or famine" type of game last week,,, Mostly feast but got pancacked on 2 big run plays... Was very active and penetrated the LOS well on many occasions. He definitely went "off track" last season but he is showing that he still is not close to his ceiling,m which is encouraging... Fans generally are more week to week in their perspectives, which would kill a franchise if the FO thought that way.

Great players show up great. They don't grow into it. While Dareus is not a bust, he's the guy we took instead of 4 great players taken after him.

Those who are satisfied with that defense amaze me. It might be better than last year, but it still was far worse than average.

Great players show up great. They don't grow into it. While Dareus is not a bust, he's the guy we took instead of 4 great players taken after him.

Those who are satisfied with that defense amaze me. It might be better than last year, but it still was far worse than average.

Don't get me wrong I would trade him for AJ, Julio, Watt, etc... All that I was saying is that he is 22 or 23 and just played his best game IMO. That is a good thing. There is no reason to cry over spilled milk; he is the guy we drafted. Let's hope that he continues to develop into a really good player.