Will the Carolina game be blacked out?

FluffHead

Everytime I log onto facebook there is an ad for 15 dollars off tix to the Carolina game. Everytime I get on twitter the bills account is sending links to discounted tickets. Sure seems like tickets did not move well for this game. A week 2 tv blackout would certainly be embarrassing for the organization

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime I log onto facebook there is an ad for 15 dollars off tix to the Carolina game. Everytime I get on twitter the bills account is sending links to discounted tickets. Sure seems like tickets did not move well for this game. A week 2 tv blackout would certainly be embarrassing for the organization

I was thinking the exact same thing the past week and this morning after checking FB and Twitter.

Too soon in the season to hope for a Russ Salvatore bailout? :rolleyes:

They are discounting the hell out of this game, that's for sure. Clearly they have to move alot of "inventory" to get this game sold out. I can't make it up to B-Lo for this game so i had to sell really good sidelines seats for face value. Not alot of demand for Carolina.

BTW- the stadium looked absolutely radiant yesterday with the Sun and sold out crowd. Fantastic sight to see.

They are discounting the hell out of this game, that's for sure. Clearly they have to move alot of "inventory" to get this game sold out. I can't make it up to B-Lo for this game so i had to sell really good sidelines seats for face value. Not alot of demand for Carolina.

BTW- the stadium looked absolutely radiant yesterday with the Sun and sold out crowd. Fantastic sight to see.

Special Ticket Offer: $10 OFF

Members of the Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame will be honored during the September 15 home game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Get savings up to $10 OFF per ticket! Use promo code: BBECP. Offer subject to availability and only available online. Not valid with any other offer/discount or on prior sales.

This is ridiculous. The game should be blacked out if it does not sell out. Lots of the members of this board travel 3+ hours each way to and from Bills games, and have season tickets that cannot be unloaded because local Bills fans are too lazy to go to the game. It's not a December game, it's a game against Cam Newton, with the Bills bringing a rookie QB who looks promising for the Bills and a rookie WR who looks good. The run D was also much improved. Get to the game or stop complaining.

This is ridiculous. The game should be blacked out if it does not sell out. Lots of the members of this board travel 3+ hours each way to and from Bills games, and have season tickets that cannot be unloaded because local Bills fans are too lazy to go to the game. It's not a December game, it's a game against Cam Newton, with the Bills bringing a rookie QB who looks promising for the Bills and a rookie WR who looks good. The run D was also much improved. Get to the game or stop complaining.

Agree completely. Besides, the game will be rebroadcast, usually multiple times. Though I would cut people blacked out in Syracuse a little slack myself. Waaaaaaay past 75 miles away from the Ralph there.

If it gets blacked out, enjoy the day and watch it later.

Ticketmaster shows the unsold seats for the game on a stadium map. By my rough count, I'd say there are around 3,000 seats unsold on the map. If it really is just 3,000, I think either OBD or a sponsor buys the rest.

I think it is considered a sell out if there are 2000 tickets remaining. Maybe someone can confirm that?

Agree. If I can buy seasons and travel a full day by plane to go, it's hard for me to feel sorry for people who have this team in their backyard but look for others to bail them out so they can watch on TV.

I understand attendance has been dropping league-wide for years now, but being blacked out in Week 2 would be a little embarrassing. That being said, I haven't done my part. Although I live 10 hours away, I know some season ticket owners live much farther away, and I haven't been to a game since '06.

I was more shocked that only 65,000 made it out on opening day...that was kind of embarrassing

Agree. If I can buy seasons and travel a full day by plane to go, it's hard for me to feel sorry for people who have this team in their backyard but look for others to bail them out so they can watch on TV.

Damn, you gotta have a lot of extra $ laying around to be able to do that...