Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

Trade him. I said that all along, trade his ass. You tell Eugene Someone needs to pony up a 2nd round pick and they can have his ass. And for the record I am saying his foot issue is pure bull ****. You can't prove the condition other than the person saying they are in pain. Players play with this all the time, people go to hard labor jobs with this condition all the time. He just flat out doesn't want to play for Buffalo. So GTFO then.

I am with you, stop working with Parker and future players won't hire him. You can end his BS in 2 years.

You're just giving into what Parker and Byrd want, that's the problem here. Still builds the mentality that you can walk all over the Bills organization by just holding out. Rediculous!

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is something many here had speculated was the objective more or less from the beginning. It didn't appear there was a lot of 'good faith' bargaining although it wasn't clear whether it was the team, the agent, or both that was not interested in reaching a deal. So now its more or less confirmed that Byrd hired Parker to 'get me out of Buffalo and to a team that will give me the best long term deal I can get'.

If I'm the GM I sit down with Parker and Byrd and tell them that I am willing to work with them to move him to another team but that support is not unconditional. I don't expect the team to take a hit for giving the player and his agent what they want. If that's their objecive then they have to work with me and the first part of that is getting out on the field and playing to your full potential and I don't want your bad attitude getting into the locker room. Don't 'dog it' and expect I'm going to help you. Second, we expect adaquate compensation in draft choices or players back. It has to be a win/win kind of deal for both the team and the player.

Byrd lowered his trade value claiming he's injured. I would settle for a 2nd rd pick now .

Very "interesting" that Marrone is so forthcoming about Byrd's 'condition' (that's exactly the term used by Marrone). Compare what he's said about Byrd to other players. This is a very calculated move on the part of the Bills.

Define decent. Is a 3rd round pick decent? A fourth? What message are you sending to the next guy in line?

I would define decent as a 3rd round pick. 2nd round would be even better, however, given the fact that he's playing the injury card right now I just don't see a team going higher than 3rd round.

The message being sent to the next guy in line is this,

We tried to negotiate a long term deal and we were unsuccessful. We tagged him with the hopes of retaining his services for another year, in order to buy time to hopefully renegotiate next year. however Byrd does not wish to remain in Buffalo. We are willing to try to negotiate, but we will not fold like a lawn chair when it comes to players high contract demands (even though we as fans were never clued in on what those demands were, one would assume they were high. Hence the reason for not being able to work out a deal.).

I also believe the MW deal last year played a significant role in Byrd wanting a big payday this year. MW was one of the top rated DE's in the league, and got a huge contract. Byrd is viewed as one of the best FS in the league and is demanding a huge contract as well, but I feel FS has less impact. IMO a serviceable FS can be just as effective as a top FS when being utilized correctly in the right defensive scheme. However a top DE vs. a servicable DE will have more of an impact as offenses will game plan for ways to neutralize the DE. It's hard to justify paying a big paycheck to a player that just doesn't have the "stay away from him" effect. Again, just my opinion.

This sucks across the board. I have to think Parker has been trying to orchestrate a trade for some time now, and if there was an offer with adequate compensation out there, Byrd would've already been dealt. So, I'm picturing a lose-lose scenario. The Bills lose an excellent player, and likely won't get sufficient compensation. No matter how you slice it, the odds are against any draft pick becoming a Pro Bowl impact player.

There aren't any teams really desperate for safety help, especially considering the cost. The best hope for the Bills, as mentioned in the TBN article, is if a top tier team loses a safety to injury early on. Otherwise, teams know that the Bills are in a bind, and I don't expect a bidding war to drive up Byrd's trade value.

Man, what a whiny little brat Byrd ended up being. Very disappointing to see his true colors. At this point, I want this malcontent off the team. We've got a lot of good mojo going on right now and the last thing we need is locker room drama, especially from a guy who's injured and doesn't know the playbook nearly as well as his teammates.

Man, what a whiny little brat Byrd ended up being. Very disappointing to see his true colors. At this point, I want this malcontent off the team. We've got a lot of good mojo going on right now and the last thing we need is locker room drama, especially from a guy who's injured and doesn't know the playbook nearly as well as his teammates.

I am back and forth on what to think because at first I was really blaming Parker for all of the problems, but now that we are 3 days out from the beginning of the season, a new era for this organization, a huge home game against the Pats* and he can't play because of an issue he has had the whole time he was holding out, and now this drops, I just feel like he is hurting us more than helping us by being here. Especially if he isn't going to play. If he was healthy, I might feel differently and hope that he is the old Byrd even if it is only to get the contract he wants. But I have a bad feeling about the whole situation and it is ticking me off because there is a lot to be excited and positive about with this team and he is a total buzzkill!! GO Bills!

Bills were off to a promising rebuild, and now we have a tyrd in the punch bowl.

We both posted at the same time... and said essentially the same thing (you were more to the point, lol)

I hope they don't trade him. I hope he grows moss on his azz as he rides the pine for entire year.

If he doesn't want to contribute to the team's success, then why should the team contribute to his success?

!@#$ you Byrd and double-!@#$ you Parker.

If this was Facebook, I would create a "Like x 1,000,000,000" button, then hit it every hour on the hour for this post.

Byrd is a douchebag. Plain and simple. I'd pay the team doctor to never clear his ass to play and then see how much his lame ass gets.

Bum.

I'm in this camp, and since it isn't my money I'd franchise him again next offseason whether he contributes or not. That might seem to be a stupid business move, but, until the FO shows that they are willing to use every word in the CBA to their advantage they'll be walked on again and again.

I hope they don't trade him. I hope he grows moss on his azz as he rides the pine for entire year.

If he doesn't want to contribute to the team's success, then why should the team contribute to his success?

!@#$ you Byrd and double-!@#$ you Parker.

this

Define decent. Is a 3rd round pick decent? A fourth? What message are you sending to the next guy in line?

I am with you. I can't stand him now and I think he is a piece of crap. However, we could trade him to a team we play and call the same play that put eric berry out for the year...just saying. Before all of the over sensitive types jump all over that statement and talk about how they are morally superior because they never wish and injury on anyone...I meant it toongue in cheek.