Patriots roster looks weak

billsfan_34

PTR,

You don't know spygate at ALL. was the OFFENSE got the benefit of stealing the D signals of the opposing team. The D of ANY team could never do this since the plays are called in to the QB via head phones.

So your "cheating" thought on D was a bold face WRONG!

You're right about how they cheated to win their championships, but what's you're actual point? Does knowing exactly what the defense was going to do on each and every play make their wins and legacy MORE or LESS impressive? Those championships ARE tainted no matter how you look at it.

Umm in 2006 they were a Bugs Caldwell catch away from SB #4 at the time. So I disagree, Brady makes the players better around him.

You want to talk to Bills fans about near Super Bowl misses? Woulda coulda shoulda, never did. The fact remains, those cheaters never won another SB after they were exposed for what they are. Brady was great, but not as great as once thought.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe I'm implying the Bills under Gailey were mentally tough, please allow me to disavow you of that notion. Having confidence your coaches are putting you in a position to succeed can certainly help with the mental side of things, however.

No what I mean is that it's too simplistic to blame the collapse on Wanny's vanilla defense. Even the worst defenses in the history of the league don't give up 45 points in a half, and 31 points in a quarter. That was a complete team melt down, that to me was much more of a psychological beating than a physical one.

You know I think their roster looks weak every year and then the win 12 or 13 games. That being said I am going to continue to think their roster is weak until I am right.

Lmao . love you man . this is how we Bills fans get Things Done

as opposed to our infinitely proven guys like graham, goodwin, woods, hogan and easley.

you really have taken a turn with your attitude postioning i am beginning to notice. :)

But when you play Devils advocate so well , why the Hell not indulge the pessimist within you No Saint ?

your statement is correct in it's way . But i feel we have more potential and the vaunted higher ceiling.

Edited by 3rdand12

The Pats D has ranked 25th, 31st and 25th in yards allowed the past 3 years. Not very impressive. It`s not like they face alot of high powered offenses within their division either.

Those stats are little bit deceptive. Many teams that face the Pats get a lot of garbage points and yards in the second half of games when they're trying to play catch up.

The truth of the matter is that in the NFL, 90% of defenses simply don't matter as much in the outcomes of games like they used to be. This is due to the rules changes favoring offense. The Bills will probably win or lose the game because their offense was better against the Pats "average" defense than was the Pats offense against the Bills "average" defense.

That's downright optimistic of you! One little known (or forgotten) fact about the Pats* is that they led the league in rushing attempts last season. People think it's all Brady, but they rely on the running game a ton. That will be the key to the Bills keeping it close.

funny. their recent strength is definitively our recent WEAKNESS. historically and excessively.

This game defines the mentality of the young team a hefty amount i bet. What we see coming into Sunday as a raw brash excited, nearly newborn team full of rooks from top to bottom , and what they become and then , how they walk off the field will tell us alot about this season. And the next 3 years or so. This is the Arch Nemesis game that means everything to this coaching staff.

Win or Lose.

Go Bills!

most exciting game for me in years. i have NO idea what is going to happen.

No what I mean is that it's too simplistic to blame the collapse on Wanny's vanilla defense. Even the worst defenses in the history of the league don't give up 45 points in a half, and 31 points in a quarter. That was a complete team melt down, that to me was much more of a psychological beating than a physical one.

it was a melt down. i saw it too, heartbreaking really. even our high motor kyle williams showed it.

Now they might have been melting Because Wanny was making no adjustments . And thats my opinion how it went down .

You can never under estimate Brady & the Pats ! I was at the game last year when our Bills were up 28 & after the half it was like what did you do with our guys ? It was like they just quit or something ...

Brady started dealing out his yearly ass whipping to our team . I just hope they can use that game & learn from it .

Billy cheat & crew are some of if not the best at making half time adjustments & if you can't make adjustments at the half you wind up with a 13 year drought when it comes to the play offs ...

I ain't saying but i'm just sayin !!

Brady will get the ball where it needs to be... but can the new WR and TE group make the big and impossible catches that years group did?

my answer: no chance, at least not in week one, away in a hostile environment against a defense that finally got let out to play

Bills win week one, lost at Foxboro, but still make the playoffs :flirt:

For the thousandth time! Brady is a good quarterback with a decade-Long amazing offensive line. How many other QBs have that much time to throw?

Let me second that. For the 1001 time, he's a good qb. He has major flaws in that he cant handle pressure and plays like a girl at times. His passes become less accurate. It's his coaches that are excellent. Not Brady. He does a lot of dinks and dunks. Wr screens. Once they have a lead, of course they can be more agressive. Once they have a lead, they can take chances which help boost his stats.

You could put Brady on the Raiders current roster and they would go 11-5. Plus New England's roster doesn't even seem weak too me. They have a scary running game.

you are so wrong. Brady chokes against a strong defense rush. Jets/ravens playoff games should ring a bell.

Brady's o line is usually great. That's the real key.

The reason why Peyton Manning is the greatest qb of all time is because he can be a winner behind a poor oline and a great oline. Brady is only good under a good oline.

Your argument in favor of Brady turning the Raiders 11-5 is more accurate for Peyton. Not Brady.

The raiders have a bad oline right now. Terrell Pryor will be running for his life. Just watch this sunday...

The AFC East has been one of the worst divisions in the NFL for the past couple of years. The Patriots win the division, then lose in the playoffs. They are not a great team, but they are the best of a bad bunch. Everyone fears #12 and his receivers, then they beat you with the running game. A creative defense may be able to rattle #12 with some pressure and still stop the run, which is key to shutting them down. I assume that Pettine knows this, and he should be able to make the game interesting.

The Patriots D, even in the past few years, has been good enough to get the job done. If I'm not mistaken they've ranked in the top 10 in yards in the NFL the past 3 years and been close to that in points allowed as well. With Brady on O all they need is a respectable D to get the job done. So while not dominant they're good enough given what their O generally does.

Had the Bills D ranked in the top 10 last year they might have made the playoffs.

I believe you to be mistaken. PFR lists them as 25th, 31st, and 25th in Yds given up last 3 years. 9th, 15th, and 8th in points.

Had the Pats D ranked in the top 10 they might have gone to more than 1 SB in the last 3 years and possibly, even won one.

Once SpyGate came out they stopped looking invincible. A defense that knows what plays are coming tend to look better. I always suspected the Pats cheated. Look at games in the early 2000's. Their D looked like they had ESP.

PTR

Since Spygate, they went 18-1 in 2007and have the highest winning percentage in the NFL from 2007-2012. Yeah, they must have been cheating.

Once SpyGate came out they stopped looking invincible. A defense that knows what plays are coming tend to look better. I always suspected the Pats cheated. Look at games in the early 2000's. Their D looked like they had ESP.

PTR

Since Spygate, they went 18-1 in 2007and have the highest winning percentage in the NFL from 2007-2012. Yeah, they must have been cheating.

Lmao . love you man . this is how we Bills fans get Things Done

you really have taken a turn with your attitude postioning i am beginning to notice. :)

But when you play Devils advocate so well , why the Hell not indulge the pessimist within you No Saint ?

your statement is correct in it's way . But i feel we have more potential and the vaunted higher ceiling.

At times I've been devils advocate but sometimes its simply trying to wrap my head around statements like us having a good shot because the other team doesn't have proven receivers. But neither do we. I like ours, don't get me wrong, but if I'm handicapping the game without my zubaz on, I'm going to have to say the ones with a hall of famer throwing them the ball likely have the better shot to come out of the gate closer to their capabilities. The pats have a very good team - I'm ok saying they probably have about 70-30 odds to beat us but I'm still excited about our team going forward and will be hoping like hell its our week to beat the odds.

Those stats are little bit deceptive. Many teams that face the Pats get a lot of garbage points and yards in the second half of games when they're trying to play catch up.

The truth of the matter is that in the NFL, 90% of defenses simply don't matter as much in the outcomes of games like they used to be. This is due to the rules changes favoring offense. The Bills will probably win or lose the game because their offense was better against the Pats "average" defense than was the Pats offense against the Bills "average" defense.

I'm trying to parse this and wrap my head around it. Can someone help me? Send up the Cow signal, paging jboyst!