Can the Bills name Tuel the starter...

I doubt Marrone wants Manuel running much this week. Why tempt fate with that knee.

I was simply pointing out the only real difference between the two but that's a good point and even further proves mine that whoever starts won't be a factor as far as the Pats are concerned

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be EJ on Sunday 95% and we know that and the Pats know that. They won't prepare differently for the two very much, and aren't dynamic mastermind defense. Rather than trickery and tactics (although I am fine with them making it a gametime decision), they should just try to execute offensively one play at a time, and win the game.

There is no official procedure for naming starters. The Bills must list players as "Out, Questionable, Probable" that is it. They can do exactly what you said, or just keep like they are, list Manuel as Questionable, and call him a game time decision...and he could still start.

the only naming a starter rule that I know of is 1 hour before kickoff

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I tried to see if I could locate a picture of the Patriots taking a nap in the locker room to represent a week of preparation for Jeff Tuel as the starter.

No dice.

While we get your point....this is the NFL. Bellicheat is not going to sleep on the job in week one. His team will come out swinging and swinging hard. Unless our beloved Bills gel literally over night, clean up all the mental error (penalties) and the defense shows up in a huge way, this game will not be pretty. I will be making sure that I have plenty of beer on hand just to make sure I am so plastered I don't remember watching this one. I hope I am wrong, but i doubt it.

Edited by BigPappy

I doubt Marrone wants Manuel running much this week. Why tempt fate with that knee.

I disagree. If he's not healthy enough to execute the gameplan then he shouldn't play. That's what practice this week is for; to make that determination.

I disagree. If he's not healthy enough to execute the gameplan then he shouldn't play. That's what practice this week is for; to make that determination.

I think the gameplan has to be dictated by your players. If Manuel can make plays that Tuel can't make, even at 80%, I think there's no question that Manuel should be the guy.

I have always thought the whole concept of "starting" a game is so overblown in sports. As long as you played a significant role in the game, what difference does it make when you got on the field?

Kind of like the batting order in baseball. Doesn't mean much after the 1st inning.

Guess you forgot how the wildcat was producing when the Dolphins first started using it

With the success of the read option last year teams have spent the entire offseason preparing for it. I can't believe it finally took until the Super Bowl for a team to start defending it the way its supposed to be by having a defender go right at the QB on every play

Yes plays will still be made and it will be a big part of the NFL this year but with teams defending it better and QBs taking more and more hits especially unnecessary ones it won't stay around too long.

Think the Redskins will be running the read option as much this year after RG3's injury?

Sigh... QBs didn't get hit as much on the read option. RGIII got hurt on a QB scramble. Come on man get it right if you are going to argue it.

...still have Manuel take a majority of the snaps (and not tell the press that), have Tuel hand the ball off on the first play and then put Manuel in, without getting in trouble with the League and disclosures?

Sorry for being long winded, but just wondering.

You're adorable...