We signed Ronnie Wingo to the Practice Squad!!!

Kipers Hair

I recall he was a big, fast power back coming out of college - I LOVE that the Bills seem intent on having a power back with some speed and ball catching ability. I recall the Giants of recent years with their thunder and lightning, and Tampa bay - there are times when you are well served to have a big man hitting that line.

I recall he was a big, fast power back coming out of college - I LOVE that the Bills seem intent on having a power back with some speed and ball catching ability. I recall the Giants of recent years with their thunder and lightning, and Tampa bay - there are times when you are well served to have a big man hitting that line.

I miss Dorin Dickerson.

Yep. He projects to FB but ran a 4.42 at 6'3 231 pounds! This team is being built on speed. And I am surprised how little discussion there is about our new PS players(we seem obsessed with our ex players). Streeter is also big and fast and intriquing.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89856&draftyear=2013&genpos=FB

As a Hog fan, I don't expect much. Wingo was never higher than 3rd on the depth chart that I can recall. Oh, they tried on numerous occasions to work him in for a few plays to see if he could make something of his potential, but he never was able to work his way into the RB rotation consistently. The only time he received significant playing time was when Knile Davis got hurt back in 2011, but even then, he was 2nd off the bench behind Dennis Johnson. In 2012, as Davis fell out of favor in the 2nd half of the year, the coaching staff turned to true freshman Jonathan Williams to back up Dennis Johnson, not Wingo. As it turns out, Wingo is big, he's fast, and he even catches the ball well...problem is, he doesn't run with authority and gets caught running east-west looking for the big play far too often. Even if the Bills could break him of that, I don't know that he'd ever be a physical runner.

They'd have been better off signing Johnson, who was also released in the latest round of cuts. Despite being about the same size as CJ Spiller, he's a much tougher inside runner and has quite a bit of experience and success as a kick returner as well.