Brandon Burton to the Bills

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills wouldn't be in the position they're currently in secondary-wise if they had actually sought to improve it in the offseason. Even the novice fan knew that, aside from Gilmore, the corner position was extremely weak. McKelvin resigned; but let's be honest, that was more in relation to his status as one of the best return men in football, as opposed to his corner play. For a team with their cap space, neglecting such a glaring weakness is an insult to our intelligence as fans. But again, this is the way the franchise has operated for much of the last two decades (post Superbowl-era). Instead of doing their shopping at Target, the Bills prefer to scour the shelves at Dollar Tree.

Edited by RussellDopeland

The Bills wouldn't be in the position they're currently in secondary-wise if they had actually sought to improve it in the offseason. Even the novice fan knew that, aside from Gilmore, the corner position was extremely weak. McKelvin resigned; but let's be honest, that was more in relation to his status as one of the best return men in football, as opposed to his corner play. For a team with their cap space, neglecting such a glaring weakness is an insult to our intelligence as fans. But again, this is the way the franchise has operated for much of the last two decades (post Superbowl-era). Instead of doing their shopping at Target, the Bills prefer to scour the shelves at Dollar Tree.

The corner position was also extremely weak in FA. Furthermore with Gilmore as the #1 CB and McKelvin re-signed to be #2 CB, and some promise at the nickel spot, no FA was going to accept a small contract to be #3 or lower CB.

Cornerback from the Vikes. Don't know anything about him but thought I'd share.

Brandon Burton@BrandonBurton366m

To the buffalo bills organization lets get this work in and win the championship. #Billsnation!!!!!

The Bills remind me of people who drive through the neighborhood and reclaim old furniture left on the curb. What does that tell you about the state of the franchise?

The Bills remind me of people who drive through the neighborhood and reclaim old furniture left on the curb. What does that tell you about the state of the franchise?

The Pats just signed former Bill and ST'er Chris White. Your point?

Why didn't they pick up Patrick Peteron

I kid....I kid....

guys....guys....GUYS.....He might be better then Crezdon Butler

Just checking.... any room left on that bandwagon?

Just kidding. You can laugh or cry. Either option is valid for a Bills fan nowadays.

Surprised we haven't heard of the other additions by now.

Littman and Overdorf have spent the last 24 hours pouring over the CBA looking for a loophole that would allow the Bills to start the season with fewer than 53 players. They should realize it's a futile effort- if there was one, Mike Brown in Cincy would have found it by now.

Is Wood's signing bonus included in that?

That's before Wood's extension, but also before yesterday's cuts and more than likely injury settlements for Br Smith and Kolb -- I suspect, we'll be right around $23M when season starts, barring something unusual

What do you mean? Don't you know about the "Toronto Initiative?

That anyone still buys a ticket after that annual slap in the face is beyond me. I sure won't. But they keep selling out so the man's an obvious genius.

--- It's amazing how fear (fear of losing the team) AND love (western New Yorkers have more true love for their team than virtually EVERY other NFL city) can motivate people to "look the other way" and continue to buy seats --- great fans, horrible front office and sad to see Ru$$ take advantage of them (us)

I believe you're right about Burton. He was on the active roster for 10 games in 2011 which gives him 1 year of accrued service and would be ineligible for the practice squad.

Who would you have them sign? You do realize there aren't stars still sitting in free agency?

--- Here's a short list of 2013 FA's that the Bills DID NOT sign, pulled these from an old post back in March --- they aren't available now, I guess you snooze you lose, or you pinch pennies, you get to draft high every year -- 1. Brent Grimes, Atlanta Falcons

2. Sean Smith, Miami Dolphins (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs)

3. Aqib Talib, New England Patriots (UPDATE: Agreed to deal with the New England Patriots.)

4. Chris Houston, Detroit Lions (UPDATE: Agreed to re-sign with the Detroit Lions)

5. Antoine Winfield, Minnesota Vikings

6. Keenan Lewis, Pittsburgh Steelers (UPDATE: Signed with the New Orleans Saints)7. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Philadelphia Eagles (UPDATE: Rodgers-Cromartie and the Denver Broncos agreed to a one-year deal on Wednesday night, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

8. Nnamdi Asomugha, Philadelphia Eagles

9. Bradley Fletcher, St. Louis Rams (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Philadelphia Eagles)

10. Derek Cox, Jacksonville Jaguars (UPDATE: Cox agreed to a four-year congtract with the San Diego Chargers late Wednesday, U-T San Diego reported).

11. Cary Williams, Baltimore Ravens (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Philadelphia Eagles)

12. Dunta Robinson, Atlanta Falcons (UPDATE: Signed with the Kansas City Chiefs)

13. Greg Toler, Arizona Cardinals (UPDATE: Agreed to terms with the Indianapolis Colts) ==== I guess Ru$$ was too busy remaking the Bills brand to let Whaley spend the money

I did a little research and here are some highlights:

Dallas - $51,000 under the cap. Record 8-8

Baltimore - 7.2 million under Super Bowl Champs

Cincinnatti - 28.9 million under Record 10-6

Indy - 11 million under Record 11-5

Not exactly a complete sample, but does show that salary cap room and record aren't always joined at the hip.

Edited by gobillsinytown

Because the people on here can do nothing but complain. gets old huh?

It's been 13 years since this team made the playoffs --- THAT'S GETTING OLD -- the fact that Ru$$ is still in charge is an embarrassment -- the fact that Bills fans sit and take it is sad. I've been a fan my entire life and constantly have defended the FO to friends and fellow Bills fans --- the proverbial straw broke this camel's back when I saw a post of this message board a couple weeks ago with a link to the salary cap space site --- the fact that the Bills have $25M and chose to let Levitre walk, not to sign FA CB's or ILB's is just wrong --- it's not about being a hater or complaining, it's about WAKING UP and trying to do the same to the inept FO that we fans have been stuck with. We (Bills fan) deserve better and we need to hold Ru$$ accountable to his words

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Did you expect high priced Hall of Famers to be available? Please tell me who the Bills should spend all this cap room on?

you just have to laugh at these clowns

It's been 13 years since this team made the playoffs --- THAT'S GETTING OLD -- the fact that Ru$$ is still in charge is an embarrassment -- the fact that Bills fans sit and take it is sad. I've been a fan my entire life and constantly have defended the FO to friends and fellow Bills fans --- the proverbial straw broke this camel's back when I saw a post of this message board a couple weeks ago with a link to the salary cap space site --- the fact that the Bills have $25M and chose to let Levitre walk, not to sign FA CB's or ILB's is just wrong --- it's not about being a hater or complaining, it's about WAKING UP and trying to do the same to the inept FO that we fans have been stuck with. We (Bills fan) deserve better and we need to hold Ru$$ accountable to his words

you should punish theBills FO by not supporting the franchise and boycotting them.. That will be the only way to wake them up.. You must deny them your patronange and your support.

Complaining to us won't change anything

Edited by ddaryl