Brandon Burton to the Bills

Not sure if this was posted yet- he sounds like he press and disrupt WR offline. Very aggressive defense. Press and blitz the passer. Attack!

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/brandon-burton?id=2495498

Burton could become a great starting corner for a team with a press-heavy scheme. Very adept at disrupting receivers releasing off the line and can flip his hips but may struggle to recover when beaten by top NFL deep threats. Does a good job reading the passer in off-man coverage and closes quickly after the catch but could do a better job of recognizing run. Has the mentality and physical tools to eventually improve in run support but takes too long to shed and is only adequate at breaking down in space.

tru but there is thing called the draft were we didn't draft a CB when we desperately needed one.

"true"

Yes, there is a thing called the draft, and we also desperately needed a QB, LB, and WR- and we drafted 3 pretty good ones. Rome was not built in a day

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it ! $25M in cap space and we are dumpster diving. Way to turn this franchise around Ru$$.

I am sure that the Bills FO knows why they are hanging on to that cap space. remember this is year one of rebuilding. Maybe they're holding it for a big free agent splash next season. the truth is we don't really know why.

Lets use a player that I'm sure most of us remember as an example, in Aaron Maybin. Drafted 1st round and never really panned out for us. so we tossed him into the "Dumpster". In the meantime the Jets were licking their proverbial chops to get at our garbage, while the DC was Mike Pettine I might add. Once Pettine got a hold of him, he put him in a position to succeed in a new system. does that mean that Burton will have that kind of success, there are absolutely no guarantees. All I'm saying is there are definitely some values to be had out of said dumpster. As another poster stated, sometimes a change of scenery is all that's needed. so before we go throwing the rope around his neck, let's see what he can do. Just sayin

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/03/01/scouting.combine.dbs/index.html

Brandon Burton/CB/Utah: The little known junior from Utah showed why scouts must quickly get acquainted with him. Burton ran solid times in the 40, posting marks of 4.40 and 4.42 seconds in his attempts. During position drills he was incredibly smooth and showed the ability to quickly drive forwards to the football out of his backpedal. He'll move toward the draft as a top-100 choice.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/03/01/scouting.combine.dbs/index.html#ixzz2djiYDt7A

tru but there is thing called the draft were we didn't draft a CB when we desperately needed one.

the Pats are smarter.

yeah those guys are horrible, glad we didn't sign them :doh:

Read what I wrote earlier. They had Gilmore at #1, (ostensibly on Pettine's recommendation) re-signed McKelvin to be #2, and had Rogers, Brooks, Butler, while Duke Williams was said to be able to play CB. How much do you think they were going to spend on a CB in case a freak accident like what happened to Gilmore, happened?

And as for the Pats being smarter, when Denard gets thrown in the slammer for a month and misses 4-5 games (which is the amount of time Gilmore is expected to miss), will you be slamming them for not signing a CB in the off-season?

Read what I wrote earlier. They had Gilmore at #1, (ostensibly on Pettine's recommendation) re-signed McKelvin to be #2, and had Rogers, Brooks, Butler, while Duke Williams was said to be able to play CB. How much do you think they were going to spend on a CB in case a freak accident like what happened to Gilmore, happened?

And as for the Pats being smarter, when Denard gets thrown in the slammer for a month and misses 4-5 games (which is the amount of time Gilmore is expected to miss), will you be slamming them for not signing a CB in the off-season?

McKelvin is a bum and is one of the guys that they should have let go, in reality this team had one good CB in Gilmore, and spending two picks on safties was just stipid

McKelvin is a bum and is one of the guys that they should have let go, in reality this team had one good CB in Gilmore, and spending two picks on safties was just stipid

Again seeing as how they re-signed McKelvin, there must have been something they liked. And what CB after the 7th pick in the 4th round would you have taken, who would be a starter on this team?

I was a big mckelvin defender. Loved the pick when we made it. But after seeing him play over the last several years, it was pure insanity to sign the guy to do anything other than be a return guy and depth corner.

Mind blowing that they have enough faith in him to be a 2 CB. I hope I am wrong, but I fully expect him to get exposed, benched, and probably cut after the season. again, I really hope I am wrong-- but I am not going to delude myself into thinking the guy suddenly figured out how to play CB.

I was a big mckelvin defender. Loved the pick when we made it. But after seeing him play over the last several years, it was pure insanity to sign the guy to do anything other than be a return guy and depth corner.

Mind blowing that they have enough faith in him to be a 2 CB. I hope I am wrong, but I fully expect him to get exposed, benched, and probably cut after the season. again, I really hope I am wrong-- but I am not going to delude myself into thinking the guy suddenly figured out how to play CB.

Also for your consideration, and I hope it was a one game aberration, but Gilmore looked horrible and seemed to be exposed against Washington. His free pass has been revoked. We may have a REAL problem at CB heading into next offseason, which is a shame considering we've got two very high picks invested out there at CB1 and CB2.

Also for your consideration, and I hope it was a one game aberration, but Gilmore looked horrible and seemed to be exposed against Washington. His free pass has been revoked. We may have a REAL problem at CB heading into next offseason, which is a shame considering we've got two very high picks invested out there at CB1 and CB2.

I tend to agree with you. Gilmore has looked erratic, at least when I have seen him.