Updated Roster at 55 - next cuts?

Yeah, he's pretty much just like the guy, except for 35 lbs heavier, four inches taller, not as fast, and not one of the top 75 receivers in NFL history.

Hogan is faster and quicker than Welker. But he is taller and heavier. As for one of the top 75 receivers in NFL history, that's true...for now. It took Welker 5 years before he became anything and Hogan is in just his 2nd year. ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan is faster and quicker than Welker. But he is taller and heavier. As for one of the top 75 receivers in NFL history, that's true...for now. It took Welker 5 years before he became anything and Hogan is in just his 2nd year. ;)

And not to forget who Welker had throwing the football.

But, he is white. Therefor, he is basically Wes Welker, right?

Obviously. Or Beebe, or Tasker, if you still wear a 1993 AFC East Champions shirt.

Faster and quicker? I'll believe that when I see it.

Obviously. Or Beebe, or Tasker, if you still wear a 1993 AFC East Champions shirt.

Faster and quicker? I'll believe that when I see it.

Ill go ahead and call bullocks on Hogan being quicker than Welker. Welker is still one of the quicker players in this league

Speed hasn't been Welker's forte. It's his quickness, toughness, and hands (except in the playoffs and SB ;)). Hogan is faster and quicker than Welker. But there have been many players who are faster and quicker who have fizzled, so it remains to be seen whether Hogan can develop the other things needed to succeed. Personally I would have kept Kaufman over him and put him on the PS.

I think we'll see a vet CB added, which is why C. Butler was released. With only 5 CBs on the roster and Gilmore out for at least 6 games you've got to think that Whaley will sign a vet CB. If we assume that that happens then 3 guys have to go. I'm going to say that Cross and C. Bryant get cut. After that it could be any one of many players including QB T. Lewis (if Manuel is healthy enough to start), Troup, Welch, Westerman, or even J. Rogers or Meeks. OT J'Marcus Webb (Bears) is too good to not get picked up pretty quickly. CB M. Trufant is a quality player. TE T. Scheffler would compliment Chandler and L. Smith well. QB D. Dixon (Eagles/Steelers) has experience and is better than what we have behind Manuel. DT Ant. Garay (Jets) was a surprise cut who Pettine might be interested in.

I like your thoughts. With the cb cuts obviously we are up to something there. Trufant would be a good enough addition to pick up like this. I feel for Troup and Troupe because I suspect one of them is going to be cut. :w00t: I'm glad the dudes healthy again and personally wish he hadn't tried to do this and you have to love the guy for trying. But I don't know that he's shown enough to warrant a spot but and a BIG but, the rotation aspect may save him. I will disagree with you on Meeks. They're not giving up on him He's the new regime's guy so no they don't cut him.

If you don't care about the makeup of the Bills' roster then why are you here??

You changed the name of the title after you added the current final roster list.

This was already being very actively discussed in a pinned thread at the time you started this thread.

And, it was being summarized throughout the discussion.

When you started this it looked like a completely redundant thread.

Now, it just looks redundant... completely.

Little of column A, little of column B.

This team and injuries, though.

F--- sakes.

Yep, no hairston, no gilmore, no legursky, i am just waiting for teams to get 20 point leads, we throw the ball every down, leading to Glenn or Wood to go down and watch the whole house of cards fall down again. Sucks to be a Bills fan.

I would have to think they pick up a guard and another OL and a CB. They really,really need a Guard. No update on Legursky. Last they said is that it was probably a major injury. Can't imagine they would go into the season with no backup guards and no backup center. What the heck will they do during a game when someone gets injured? It always happens. No depth whatsoever.

its a guard...what they need is the CB

Scott was told he was going to be released or traded hence reason for tweets but it still a Buffalo Bill despite some threatening to hold their breath until they turn blue.

Current ESPN roster list article, nothing new:

http://espn.go.com/b...at-bills-roster

this Rodak is an idiot.....I think we all could do his job- and better

Legursky still on active roster -- that's a surprise given his injury. Perhaps not as major as first thought?

7 DTs still on roster.

LB Westerman?

Those are the ones that stick out for me.

Edit: and Cross at DE. Missed that one the first time. And Scott, amid trade speculation.

Edited by eball

First one has got to be Izaan Cross. Then Bryan Scott due to all the speculation. Then I would say Troup is a possibility, if not then Westerman maybe to free up a spot.

I would like to see them pick up an OG and CB from other team's cuts. Cross/Scott gets them to 53, IR Legursky and cut another LB/Troup gives them the space to do both.

Hopefully their practice squad has Pough, Kaufman and/or Rogers, and I would expect Chibane to get a chance there too.

Edit: Also forgot they're currently carrying 4 OT. Do they really need Welch AND Young? Can't they find a guy who can hack it on both sides and only carry 3?

Edited by JM57