Updated Roster at 55 - next cuts?

My favorite part of cuts was seeing Easley survive.

He earned a spot. So too did Troup. I think Legursky goes on short-term IR, which frees up a spot. And while it sounds like Scott is gone, I'd rather they kept him. He's a DB(/LB) and had 4INT's last season. Guys I would look to cut instead would be Bryant, Cross, or Ross.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He earned a spot. So too did Troup. I think Legursky goes on short-term IR, which frees up a spot. And while it sounds like Scott is gone, I'd rather they kept him. He's a DB(/LB) and had 4INT's last season. Guys I would look to cut instead would be Bryant, Cross, or Ross.

Wait Troup earned a spot but Ross/Bryant should be cut? Yeah....no. Go back and watch the games. 2 DL can definitely be cut. But Troup stood out way less than Ross OR Bryant.

They may be trying to get a guard for Scott if Legursky's injury is as bad as it looked. I don't understand why the oline doesn't wear knee braces in these "meaningless" games.

First one has got to be Izaan Cross. Then Bryan Scott due to all the speculation. Then I would say Troup is a possibility, if not then Westerman maybe to free up a spot.

I would like to see them pick up an OG and CB from other team's cuts. Cross/Scott gets them to 53, IR Legursky and cut another LB/Troup gives them the space to do both.

Hopefully their practice squad has Pough, Kaufman and/or Rogers, and I would expect Chibane to get a chance there too.

Edit: Also forgot they're currently carrying 4 OT. Do they really need Welch AND Young? Can't they find a guy who can hack it on both sides and only carry 3?

Welch, no. He looks terrible to me.

Why would a team trade for Scott instead of just waiting a few days if they need that kind if player?

Saving face for him (long time Bill and all that), maybe looking for a Shep type deal, guarantees that both teams get who they want, instead of going through the iffies of waivers, just a few reasons.