So Byrd is hurt too

Jdragon2

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd is reaping what Parker sewed.

Parker had him hold out for THE top contract and it blew up on them because the team called them.

Now, the only way they can get more money for his previous (underpaid) time is to take this year's guaranteed money and not play a game, or play very little.

This seems to me to be the Peters' pouting positioning Parker pronouncedly played previously to such great effect that it got a trade done. This, in my view is what Parker is making happen again. Won't accept our "fair" offer - okay then, here's your damaged goods player. He ain't gonna play for you worth a damn this year or next. So go ahead and give him $14million guaranteed - but he still ain't gonna play for you. You'd better just trade him to someone who will give him what I demand.

Anyone else think Byrd and Parker have a ton of balls to demand THE TOP contract for a Safety - when they knew he has a gimpy foot?

Parker had him hold out for THE top contract and it blew up on them because the team called them.

Now, the only way they can get more money for his previous (underpaid) time is to take this year's guaranteed money and not play a game, or play very little.

This seems to me to be the Peters' pouting positioning Parker pronouncedly played previously to such great effect that it got a trade done. This, in my view is what Parker is making happen again. Won't accept our "fair" offer - okay then, here's your damaged goods player. He ain't gonna play for you worth a damn this year or next. So go ahead and give him $14million guaranteed - but he still ain't gonna play for you. You'd better just trade him to someone who will give him what I demand.

Anyone else think Byrd and Parker have a ton of balls to demand THE TOP contract for a Safety - when they knew he has a gimpy foot?

Holy alliteration Batman!

Irv Weinstein would be proud.

GO BILLS!!!

this scenario has NOT happened yet...

but it is a real possibility....

say this ten times fast "Peters' pouting positioning Parker pronouncedly played previously"....lol

2 hours ago....

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Jairus Byrd's availability for the Buffalo Bills' season opener against the New England Patriots is uncertain, coach Doug Marrone said Sunday, due to a foot injury the safety revealed is plantar fasciitis.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9626656/top-buffalo-bills-safety-jairus-byrd-battling-plantar-fasciitis

Doug Whaley asked the NFL to extend Byrd's exemption thru week 1, maybe he knew something ?

The Bills approached the NFL for an exemption a day after Byrd signed his one-year, $6.9 million franchise tender. General manager Doug Whaley told The Associated Press he had not ruled out having the exemption extend into the regular season.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/bills-seek-roster-exemption-nfl-s-byrd

As soon as they said it's plantar fasciitis, we all knew it was going to be an issue. It's one of those things people can play on at a certain level with treatment, but if it gets aggravated, it could shut him down completely. The only real solution is resting him until it's healed, but who knows how long that could take.

A potential career threatening injury? Byrd was never blessed with great speed even with two good feet. No one will be paying him top NFL Safety money now. Thank God the Bills FO did not invest millions. Pleased we have invested in Eric Wood who has recovered from horrific injuries with great character.

how did that crack bills medical staff pass his physical ?

he should be good by the BYE week

well, its possible it didnt show up. its also possible he didnt truly show 100% health but was an injury risk they were willing to accept in the signing. when the alternative to signing him was releasing him, id rather hold his rights at this point, wouldnt you?

well, its possible it didnt show up. its also possible he didnt truly show 100% health but was an injury risk they were willing to accept in the signing. when the alternative to signing him was releasing him, id rather hold his rights at this point, wouldnt you?

It is my understanding that this problem can only be diagnosed via the symptoms reported. That is why this is an awfully convenient injury to have if your intent is not to play. I guess we will see, but I tend to think it will be fine by the end of December.

Just heard on NFL Network that Byrd dealt with the same issue last season and took needles a couple of times just to make it through the season.

And still played pretty darn well. Hopefully will be the case again.

Per Ian Rappaport: Byrd to possibly miss some time.

Has there been anyone with more vague and useless tweets about Byrd this last week?

Byrd possibly upset

Byrd possibly to miss time