Mayock likes us! He really likes us!

Too bad the defense looked downright abysmal against the Washington Grossmans, otherwise I'd have a little more optimism about the upcoming season.

I'll admit I didn't pay close enough attention, but was the D "attacking" the way they did against Indy and Minny? I read somewhere they seemed to be in a bit more of a "vanilla" mode?

I'll admit I didn't pay close enough attention, but was the D "attacking" the way they did against Indy and Minny? I read somewhere they seemed to be in a bit more of a "vanilla" mode?

I've heard conflicting reports. Some say vanilla, some say blitzing like crazy. I was on a flight, unfortunately.

Well there it is.

Every year someone picks us as a sleeper team or a team who could surprise we end up sucking.

I like Mayock and was actually happy to read this. If I was an NFL GM, I would hire this guy to run my scouting department

CBF

Mayock has been offered jobs but apparently likes it where he is

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/mike-mayock-is-a-wanted-man/

I've heard conflicting reports. Some say vanilla, some say blitzing like crazy. I was on a flight, unfortunately.

I thought Pettine blitzed as much as he did in the early games, it just wasn't getting through. Washington seemed a lot better prepared than Indy or Minnesota. I would think Pettine hasn't shown everything he has planned though.

Edited by J-Gun Boone

Mayock has been offered jobs but apparently likes it where he is

http://profootballta...s-a-wanted-man/

I'm not surprised.

Mayock looks like he is enjoying himself doing the draft analysis on NFL Network and doing the color commentary for Notre Dame.

That's a lot easier than having the stress of trying to help an NFL team win the Super Bowl.

tim graham? is that you?

haha no... I like the team's name, I just couldn't believe Rex Grossman looked like a quality QB in that game...

And sort of in the same vein of my comments, one of my friends here who happens to be a Steelers fan refers to the Bills as the Washington Generals... BasketBall fans would get the meaning behind that one...

Great to hear, and thanks for posting.

My take is Marrone doesn't want to give that film watching fiend Bilicheat any idea what he is really planning. So, going by that thought I doubt the Bills will show anything in the lions game other then vanilla schemes.

BTW, Mayock has been offered jobs by several teams and he has stated he prefers working for the NFL.

Well there it is.

Every year someone picks us as a sleeper team or a team who could surprise we end up sucking.

I like Mayock and was actually happy to read this. If I was an NFL GM, I would hire this guy to run my scouting department

CBF

If we did that Geno would be our starting Qb this year.. Not sure I like the sound of that scenario. :)

They played the plainest defense so far this year, by far, often with CBs playing off 6-7 yards (even on 3rd and short!) The only new thing I saw was the D-Line rotating through the first half. They also looked like they were playing a lot more zone covreage, and getting eaten up for it.

No - they came out very vanilla and they were visibly "flat". It was pretty apparent before Washington scored their first points that the Bills' D did not show up.

I suppose we could be Pats* fans and panic about how they looked - Brady and all - against Detroit?

If we did that Geno would be our starting Qb this year.. Not sure I like the sound of that scenario. :)

Speaking of - at some point if Manuel continues to look good, and Geno continues to run out of the back of end zones, is someone going to blast the Jets front office for having two first round picks before #16 and not using either of them on EJ?