(OT) Worst Personnel Change To A Band

Rico

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also - Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs for John "Stumpy" Pepys - Spinal Tap

Childs would perform on four Tap albums before choking to death on someone else’s vomit in 1974. Who produced the vomit remains shrouded in mystery. Nigel: "You can’t really dust for vomit."

CHAZZ: Let me ask you a question. Which side did you take in the big Van Halen / David Lee Roth split?

MOORE: Uh...what do you mean?

MILO: What kind of question is that?

CHAZZ: Which way did you go, man? Roth or Halen?

MOORE: Van Halen?

IAN: He's a cop.

CHAZZ: Later, bacon.

REX: Oink oink!

Have you been to a show from "The Dead"?

205743[/snapback]

No, actually, I was just bustin' ya-yas. I had a lot of friends who were Deadheads, but in reality didn't really follow the band around. Personally, I didn't care for their music beyond a few songs.

And his ties are ugly as hell.

DLR's departure made VH a joke. If we're talking death, John Bonham's death brought down arguably the best band ever. They were wise to fold camp because no one could replace Bonham.

The one change that I still think about and probably no one here will even know who I'm talking about is...

Sepultura- Max Cavalera left the band he formed, with his brother on drums, and they have sucked every since. In fact, I'm not sure the Cavalera brothers have spoken since! I met and interviewed Max with his new band, great guy.

I'm not a Motley Crew fan but didn't they try to move on with a new singer sometime in the 90s?

CHAZZ: Let me ask you a question. Which side did you take in the big Van Halen / David Lee Roth split?

MOORE: Uh...what do you mean?

MILO: What kind of question is that?

CHAZZ: Which way did you go, man? Roth or Halen?

MOORE: Van Halen?

IAN: He's a cop.

CHAZZ: Later, bacon.

REX: Oink oink!

205771[/snapback]

OK, who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

The VH one has to get my vote....mostly cause it really screwed with my head because they put out 5150 and I thought it was great.

Then OU812 came out and I realized that I had been lying to myself the whole time. My realization has been reinforced because everything that they have put out since has been utter dogsh!t.

Still, I wouldn't mind downing some tequila with Sammy down in Cabo.

Michael McDonald for Tommy Johnston - Doobie Brothers

205744[/snapback]

You got it brother! I was looking for this one and there it was. Someone who knows there music. That moron completely trashed a great band!! Another was the retard Peter Cetera...ugh!

Jeff

The VH one has to get my vote....mostly cause it really screwed with my head because they put out 5150 and I thought it was great.

Then OU812 came out and I realized that I had been lying to myself the whole time. My realization has been reinforced because everything that they have put out since has been utter dogsh!t.

Still, I wouldn't mind downing some tequila with Sammy down in Cabo.

205799[/snapback]

As bad as Hagar for DLR was...I'm surprised no one's mentioned the truly horrible move of Van Halen bringing on Gary Cherrone. At leat Hagar's albums were tolerable. I still can't listen to VH III. They'd have been better off just doing an instrumental album at that point...

Donna Godchaux singing for the Dead.  She sounds like a dying banshee.  Too bad because otherwise that period the Dead kicked

205722[/snapback]

Actually I kind of liked the work they did in the studio with her.

She just didn't have enough juice to belt it out live so when she tried her voice just went to pieces.

The heroin and booze probably didn't help either. :huh:

Cya

Actually I kind of liked the work they did in the studio with her.

She just didn't have enough juice to belt it out live so when she tried her voice just went to pieces.

The heroin and booze probably didn't help either.  :huh:

Cya

205831[/snapback]

Brent Mydland never really grew on me. I thought it was a good voice, but more suited for the Allman Bros. or Skynard...not so much the Dead. Pigpen was a tough act to follow for any of his successors.

Cant say Rhodes or Bon Scott....they died for Chrissakes. And The Johnson AC/DC put out some hella good albums. And you cant say Mustaine, either. There is NO WAY Metallica would have survived with the overinflated egos of Hammet, Ulrich AND Mustaine.

This argument begins and ends with David Lee Roth and Van Halen.

205713[/snapback]

Without question, this is the ONE excepable answer to this question. Van Halen went from being the greatest Rock Party band around to a Pop, joke version of themselves. Some of Haggar's stuff was OK, but compared to what they were with Roth, it was bubble gum rock.

</Gavel Down>

CASE CLOSED!