(OT) Worst Personnel Change To A Band

Rico

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bull sh--.  Nirvana transformed music and was truly unique when they burst on the scene.  The Doors kick ass pure and simple.  If you dont like them thats cool-music is subjective.  But to say the Doors and Nirvana are only "great" because their singers died young is ignorant

207644[/snapback]

I don't think so. Had Morrison and Cobain lived, they would've eventually started to regress and put out subpar albums compared to what their fans were used to, just as it happens to almost all bands.

The Doors especially weren't very well regarded until after Morrison's death.

The Doors are the most over-rated band of all time, with Nirvana a close second. They made mediocre at best jam songs, and the only thing that has made them a "great" band is that Jim Morrison died young. Same with Nirvana.

207638[/snapback]

Jim Morrison was in Nirvana? :devil:

I did not know that. :D

I don't think so.  Had Morrison and Cobain lived, they would've eventually started to regress and put out subpar albums compared to what their fans were used to, just as it happens to almost all bands.

207676[/snapback]

That's quite an assumption. But even so, if it happens to almost all bands, how are you using that as a basis for calling them medicore compared to others?

Because Paul McCartney put out bubble gum crap later, that means the Beatles were overrated too? Same with Van Halen (as has been covered here).

I don't think so.  Had Morrison and Cobain lived, they would've eventually started to regress and put out subpar albums compared to what their fans were used to, just as it happens to almost all bands.

207676[/snapback]

The travesty here is you using the Doors and Nirvana in the same conversation.