Watch the hysteria if Leinart lights it up on Thursday.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please, could his performance be worse than Tuel's 2nd half performance in the last game with no 3rd down conversions and.23 unanswered points? A loss is a loss, and a stinking loss is a stinking loss whether it is by 20 points or 30 points.

I promise you, if Leinart goes out on Thursday night and lights up the grocery squad there will be people calling for his to start.

Buckle your seatbelts, the rollercoaster is almost at the top!

I say we have a better chance of winning Powerball than Leinart does of lighting it up.

I promise you, if Leinart goes out on Thursday night and lights up the grocery squad there will be people calling for his to start.

Yeah, something tells me you won't have to worry about that.

Actually I'll think there is a chance Leinart doesn't even make the team. The Bills traded for Lewis, who may be a better fit for the type of offense the Bills are trying to run.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

He can't be any worse then having an undrafted rookie start on opening day? Either way this team is doomed, but it is no different then the past 13 or 14 seasons.

Has Marrone said anything about playing time allotments for Leinart and Tuel?

Not that this would happen (it sounds stupid), but I'd put in Leinart for a few series, and if he sucks, get Tuel in there as soon as possible to get as much experience as he can before Week 1. But, if Leinart's doing well, keep him in longer and start him Week 1. So.... name the Week 1 start on the fly Thursday night and get the man some reps.

I've come to learn that if something negative happens around here such as, Your franchise CB gets hurt, Your 2nd string QB gets a career threatening injury, Your hopeful franchise QB has an undisclosed surgery etc... you are not allowed to discuss it or else you are overreacting. Jeff Tuel starting week 1 is about as bad as it can get. He is this preseasons Joique Bell, except now he might be the player at the most important position on the field.

Exactly.... we're fans and should be able to vent, cheer, be optimistic or pessimistic. The debates all part of the NFL experience. If we can be that dispassionate about it then we may as well be raking leaves on Sundays...

Oh please, could his performance be worse than Tuel's 2nd half performance in the last game with no 3rd down conversions and.23 unanswered points? A loss is a loss, and a stinking loss is a stinking loss whether it is by 20 points or 30 points.

IM NOT EXCUSING THEM

But didnt the offense look very vanilla last week? I was thinking, why dont they pass the ball? It just felt like they kept insisting on running on almos every down..

Did anyone get that feeling?

IM NOT EXCUSING THEM

But didnt the offense look very vanilla last week? I was thinking, why dont they pass the ball? It just felt like they kept insisting on running on almos every down..

Did anyone get that feeling?

They had one QB that they couldn't afford to let get hurt. They weren't trying to win that game.

I actually like the Leinart pickup. He is a talented player who has some bad breaks in his career. Perfect backup player IMO

What? . . . WHAT?

I think you are losing your Hindsight Powers. Matt Leinart retired after his junior year at USC, to become a BMOC with a couple million in his pocket. He continued into retirement by stealing money from the Cards and whoever else would pad his retirement nest.

If he makes it to the 53, for whatever reason, I'll throw up a little.

let's hope this becomes a problem

Leinart is a known quantity with a sucky career QB rating of 70.2, 15 TD and 21 INTs passing over a 6 year career.

Even if he lights it up tomorrow, he is still a terrible choice as a backup and an even worse one as a starter.

I think Marrone is making a mistake even considering having him as #2 over Tuel.

Tuel may be a diamond in the rough or just another lump of coal, but we aleady know what Leinart is a lump of.

From a pure stats standpoint, we'd be better of with JP fricken' Losman.

As Butthead once said "You can't polish a turd, Beavis"

How does anyone expect his to light anything up except for a candle with 3 days of practice? He said it him self in his interview that he will only be running a limited number of plays based on what plays he knew well enough that he was comfortable running them in a game situation. If Manuel is not ready to go by week 2 or three, which I seriously doubt, then see what he's capable of in our offense. He's a smart guy but nobody picks up an entire offense in a weeks time.

BigPappy