Matt Leinart is a Bill - Schefter

dayman

I'm not sure I really care one way or another on this signing. Whether it's Kolb, Leinert, Holcomb, Bledsoe, Flutie, Johnson, or any other average journeyman that this team signs, I'm just glad that this time they're not making them the starter. It's clear to me that E.J. will start if he's healthy. If not, I have no problem with putting Tuel on the field. To a degree, the Kolb concussion may be a blessing in disguise. While I don't dislike him as an individual, I sort of rooted for him to perform poorly (which he did before his injury). Leinert won't be any better (probably will be worse), so it clears up our QB situation quite a bit. No controversy going into the season.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

Leinart: "I know I'm going to play Thursday night."

@buffalobills

Leinart: "I had a feeling I wouldn't get picked up until something happened. I'm not naive"

@buffalobills

Leinart on time with @AZCardinals: "I lacked confidence, which I never lacked before (at USC). Houston is when I started to get it back"

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I really like the signing. I hope he tears it up Thursday.

Getting Leinart now is like getting Playstation for Christmas when all your friends are getting Playstation 4.

Even with this said, I'm really rooting for him and hope he makes the best of this opportunity.

Getting Leinart now is like getting Playstation for Christmas when all your friends are getting Playstation 4.

Even with this said, I'm really rooting for him and hope he makes the best of this opportunity as a perennial backup.

Fixed it for you.

Getting Leinart now is like getting Playstation Atari for Christmas when all your friends are getting Playstation 4.

Even with this said, I'm really rooting for him and hope he makes the best of this opportunity.

Fixed

Call me crazy, but I'm actually kind of excited about seeing what Leinart can do. He's no worse than Kolb, in my opinion, and probably still has a higher ceiling, even at age 30. I mean he's only gotten a chance to start, what, 16 or 17 games in the NFL?

OK, maybe I am crazy.

Edited by Reddy Freddy

Leinart is just an arm for a week or two. If he expects more he's delusional. He doesn't have Marrone mentality.

On a side note in the past I submitted Chixey which to me represented Chan, Nix and Whaley. SJBF then offered great advice and solidified it to Chixley. But now is a new era. I now submit Wharroney. It is of course not set in stone and any good modifications are more than welcome. I just don't yet know how to incorporate Pettine. SJBF offer your input again. Any other input is welcome as well.

Perhaps Perroney? Just a cheesy shot in the dark.

Edited by Pilsner

Leinart is just an arm for a week or two. If he expects more he's delusional. He doesn't have Marrone mentality.

On a side note in the past I submitted Chixey which to me represented Chan, Nix and Whaley. SJBF then offered great advice and solidified it to Chixley. But now is a new era. I now submit Wharroney. It is of course not set in stone and any good modifications are more than welcome. I just don't yet know how to incorporate Pettine. SJBF offer your input again. Any other input is welcome as well.

Perhaps Perroney? Just a cheesy shot in the dark.

Tough one Pilsner.

I like Perroney a great deal.

You're off to a good start.

Unfortunately I'm on hiatus preparing for my ridiculously competitive fantasy league draft this Sunday.

32 players, 16 of them individual defensive players, only one player per NFL team, 2 kickers and 2 offensive lines.

Very restrictive player movement rules. You basically live and die by your draft.

Next time I post will probably be in "Bill's thoughts" after the Bills whomp the Cheatriots***.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of people at the TBD tailgate.