Which past/present players do you suspect/think are a part of the losi

FireChan

I know we always discuss our "pernenial losers" and such when talking about the last decade for the Bills. My question is, who does that constitute still on the active roster? Maybe Fred(not that I believe that)? Or some other players. Was it someone we used to have, i.e. Trentative.

I'd like to hear the reasons for your thoughts, even if it is, "I saw them goofing around during a game we were losing."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Johnson - The "pernenial losers" and "culture of losing" is perpetuated by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm sure we can all think of several examples such as the MNF Cowboys loss and the MNF Clowns loss as well as Tennessee last year, and who can forget "wide right"? Stevie has been instrumental in 2 such losses in the last 3 years. The Pittsburgh loss in 2010 where he dropped the game winning pass in OT vs a perennial playoff team in their own house. The second was against the Jets in the "shot to the leg/plane crash in EZ" game. A pass hit him in the bread basket in full stride that he may very well have taken in for a go ahead TD but worst case, got us 1st and goal inside the 10 in the last minute of the game. Stevie, carrying on the tradition.

Edited by reddogblitz

I know we always discuss our "pernenial losers" and such when talking about the last decade for the Bills. My question is, who does that constitute still on the active roster? Maybe Fred(not that I believe that)? Or some other players. Was it someone we used to have, i.e. Trentative.

I'd like to hear the reasons for your thoughts, even if it is, "I saw them goofing around during a game we were losing."

Ralph Wilson was the loser...he interfered in every matter, stopped the organization from moving ahead with his tight policies and stupid hirings. His organizational structure with Littman and Overdorf put barriers and issues into everyday business. Langston Walker was cut without head coach Jauron even knowing.Ralph is the loser, but I wish him no harm, just facing reality.

I will go with Trent Edwards. He was scared to death out there. He would rather check down on 4th & 10 than hang in the pocket and try to make a play. If that isn't a loser mentality I don't know what is.

With that being said hopefully the new culture around here will instill a winning attitude. A place where winning isn't necessarily celebrated but expected.

Donte Whitner. Worst coverage safety I have ever seen, and i'v seen a lot of them.

You can add Mike williams, Aaron Maybin. The complete loss of any value to the team when picked at #1 destroys franchises for years. we're still paying for Maybin, he was arguably the biggest bust in Bills history.

Donte Whitner. Worst coverage safety I have ever seen, and i'v seen a lot of them.

You can add Mike williams, Aaron Maybin. The complete loss of any value to the team when picked at #1 destroys franchises for years. we're still paying for Maybin, he was arguably the biggest bust in Bills history.

Sure, blame the players. It isn't their fault that the FO whiffed, is it? Any player, to be considered part of a "loser mentality" (hope I am capturing the OP's words correctly) then you are saying that the player didn't care about winning. Poor FO decisions and poor coaching don't equate to a player having a "loser mentality."

This is a peculiar topic. Just because a player is good or bad it doesn't mean he has a "loser mentality." I think someone with a loser mentality is just so accustomed to losing that they have an apathetic attitude and maybe let the small things slip as a result (gaining weight, committing penalties, etc.).

As bad as Trent, Losman, and Fitz were, I never got the sense that they gave up or became apathetic.

The only guy who really jumps out to me as having that mentality was mcgahee.