Byrd signed tender [update: may still want to be traded]

BRAWNDO

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has his mind made up, than yes. Trade him for whatever you can get and start getting his replacement all the reps. Byrd is awesome, but I'm really tired of his b*s.

2nd rounder at least I'd think.

A second rounder for the Bills would mean we have regressed. All Pro talent, regardless of position, is worth at least one first round pick.

This is a huge catch 22.

If there is no chance that he will re-sign with the Bills after the season (since they can't negotiate a new contract now), then he should be traded when he will generate the most interest and trade value.

There is 100% chance that he will resign with the Bills if they do not get a long term contract.

We simply franchise him again.

None of us know what happened behind the scenes, so despite the reliability of Rapaport (who broke the news), we have no clue as to the validity of these reports. We all should hope that he is happy bc Searcy and Duke aren't even touching Jairus' productivity and reliability. Happy with A Williams progress, but we need skill in the backfield as much as any team in the NFL with only Gilmore as a proven player aside from Byrd.

None of us know what happened behind the scenes, so despite the reliability of Rapaport (who broke the news), we have no clue as to the validity of these reports. We all should hope that he is happy bc Searcy and Duke aren't even touching Jairus' productivity and reliability. Happy with A Williams progress, but we need skill in the backfield as much as any team in the NFL with only Gilmore as a proven player aside from Byrd.

I don't give two ***** if he's happy. He just better play good football or he is not only screwing his teammate and fans but himself as well.

Don't trade!

Let it play out, a lot of things can happen.

New coaches, new systems, new players around him, injury......

If he fits in things will work themselves out.

If he is too disgruntled and a disruption, leave him on bench and nobody will want him next year anyway, he will only screw himself.

If they lose him for no comp, oh well move on , it's football!

considering that there is only a 31% chance that a first round pick makes just one pro bowl, a 17% chance that he makes multiple pro bowls and a 30% chance he will be a bust.

an all pro in his prime is worth 2 first round picks.

seeing as that is unlikely, you tag em again next year.

Reports are saying there is bad blood between him and the front office.

So do we trade him or keep him?

If we would make a trade what would you expect for compensation?

Until I see something more substantial I say BS on the reports. My take, it's butthurt Eugene Parker using the media to stir up crap.

Trade Byrd? Not unless a team makes a stupid offer for him. Look, the Bills are in the driver's seat for once. Why do you want to let Parker get the upper hand now? The guy came in thinking he was going to play the Bills like he played them before with Peters. How did that work out for him and his client?

Mr. Super Agent messed up. That's the story.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

considering that there is only a 31% chance that a first round pick makes just one pro bowl, a 17% chance that he makes multiple pro bowls and a 30% chance he will be a bust.

an all pro in his prime is worth 2 first round picks.

seeing as that is unlikely, you tag em again next year.

I agree. Tag him again or trade him and make the other team give up some 1st round picks.

I say trade him to a team for a first... that is if there are any teams dumb enough to give a first for a safety...

I think the media often over-hypes stories like this, using dramatic words like, "bad blood," etc. Sure, there are bad feelings at the moment. But, it's all just business. There's a whole season to fix the "bad blood." Winning games would go a long way towards that.

Until I see something more substantial I say BS on the reports. My take, it's butthurt Eugene Parker using the media to stir up crap.

Trade Byrd? Not unless a team makes a stupid offer for him. Look, the Bills are in the driver's seat for once. Why do you want to let Parker get the upper hand now? The guy came in thinking he was going to play the Bills like he played them before with Peters. How did that work out for him and his client?

Mr. Super Agent messed up. That's the story.

PTR

Could be...

Should be interesting to see how much things change should the Bills have a decent year, and especially show REAL promise...I'd LOVE to see Byrd go back to that jackass and tell him he wants to stay in Buffalo, and to just get the deal done...I'm sure that would be a worst case scenario for Parker... :D

You have one hour to produce one of these reports of "bad blood" or this thread is going away

I would do anything I could to keep Byrd. He plays a position that is a game changer. The FS can make or break a defensive performance. He is young, yet proven. Teams who have or had great FS have said that their success had a lot to do with when they were in the game - Polomalu, Reed, Bob Sanders... The Colts made no bones aboutt he fact that during their playoff/Superbowl years, if Sanders was healthy their defense was great. When he wasn't, their defense was adequate. This is why the Bills say they "reached" for Whitner in the draft - because having a star at this position is game-changing, and they thought he was the best safety in the draft. It turned out he was not as good as they hoped he would be, and let him walk. In short, if you have a guy like this at FS, you need to hang onto him no matter what kind of draft picks or other positional players other teams might throw at you because draft picks aren't proven to excel at this level like Byrd already has, and we don't have the same type of need right now at other positions except maybe LT, which is another position you don't tend to see teams give up. We have 1st or 2nd round draft picks at almost every position.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

• Trading him for a 2nd round pick is better than letting him walk at the end of the year
  • Extending him to a long-term deal would be better than trading him for a 2nd round pick
  • Trading him for a first round pick would probably be better than extending him.

My sense is that the Bills could get at least a 2nd round pick for trading him. I also think that if we don't trade him now, there's a very strong chance of losing him at the end of the year. My gut says we should trade him.

Trading Byrd would not only be stupid it would downgrade our team. I'm saying let it play out.

First lets see if Byrd can better his numbers on the field. If he does that then maybe he is an elite safety. He has to do his part to earn the money he is asking.

If they can't come to an agreement after the season is over well the Bills have the right to slap that franchise tag on him again. The Bills hold the cards here in this game of "poker".

You have one hour to produce one of these reports of "bad blood" or this thread is going away

From NFL.com:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that "ill will remains" between Byrd and the Buffalo Bills.

I took the time to find the above because I didn't feel that making the thread "go away" would be fair to those who took the time to post in it.