The Trade Game

The Bills are not so happy with there Left guard Situation and we have a problem with having a ton of talent at WR. So lets play the trade game. I got an idea, I believe the Bills should be giving the Seahawks a call for either LG John Moffitt or James Carpenter. Both players are young gems listed on there 2nd unit behind there veteran oline. The Seahawks are loaded upfront and can afford to make a deal like this considering there lack of a depth at WR and player that can stretch the field .TJ fits there needs 2 fold.

This deal also makes sense for the Bills. We can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Besides getting a huge upgrade at left guard we also get to push our WR depth up by 1 player making the last cuts more reasonable.. Right now as is we will be cutting a WR or 2 that will be picked up right away by another team. I would hate to be in Whaley shoes right now with that decision to make.. So why not cash in on our WR talent to get better at another position of need?

Wr core after trade SJ13, Woods, Goodwin, Rogers, and we can keep 2 out the next 3 Easley, Hogan or B Smith.

We will still have plenty of Speed . Plus we might be able to sneak Hogan on the ps. If not him then Kaufman.

Oline after trade Pears, Urbik, Wood, Moffitt, Glenn.

Moffitt is a mauling run blocking guard and is good in pass pro.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would absolutely love getting Moffitt for TJ. On paper it looks fair, both 3rd round picks that are fringe starters on the upswing. But I'm not sure Graham would give them anything they don't already have in Golden Tate. I'm guessing Seattle would want a player and a pick. Either way, our FO better be exploring this as an option.

Seahawks do owe us one after stealing Lynch for peanuts.

Interesting thought. It's a shame that player for player trades don't happen all that often because, as you said, both teams could benfit here.

Both, Carpenter and Moffit, were drafted in 2011 (1st rd. pick 25 and 3rd rd. pick 11 *i think, respectively). Both started as rookies for 9 games. Both went down with ACL injuries. Both came back around mid season in 2012 and worked back into the starting line up.

Pretty even so far...

Carpenter missed a few more games in 2012 with a concussion and another knee injury. Also, tweaked it again and missed Seattle first preseason game. Moffit however, after his return, paved the way for Lynch to have a career year with 1500+ yds and 11 TD's.

I'd lean more towards Moffit, but I think Seattle will too, regardless of draft position just 2 years ago. In that case, I'd have to pass on Carpenter...we already have 1 O Lineman with a history of knee issues.

I think Brad Smith might be tradeable...all the young (but admittedly unproven) talent on the roster. Plus, he did re-do his contract.

Wonder if we could get anything for Lindell orZSanders?

1) with guys like laurent robinson, brandon lloyd out there as FA still, i dont think smith fetches a pick.

2) Lindell - maaaaaaaybe a 7, but i doubt it. are there multiple teams that are desperate for kickers right now? i havent even looked at who is available for free.

3) sanders isnt worth anything. he was a late draft pick thats added an injury to his resume and nothing else...

I would absolutely love getting Moffitt for TJ. On paper it looks fair, both 3rd round picks that are fringe starters on the upswing. But I'm not sure Graham would give them anything they don't already have in Golden Tate. I'm guessing Seattle would want a player and a pick. Either way, our FO better be exploring this as an option.

Seahawks do owe us one after stealing Lynch for peanuts.

Keep TJ and the draft pick, let them have Kaufman AND Hogan.

The Bills are not so happy with there Left guard Situation and we have a problem with having a ton of talent at WR. So lets play the trade game. I got an idea, I believe the Bills should be giving the Seahawks a call for either LG John Moffitt or James Carpenter. Both players are young gems listed on there 2nd unit behind there veteran oline. The Seahawks are loaded upfront and can afford to make a deal like this considering there lack of a depth at WR and player that can stretch the field .TJ fits there needs 2 fold.

This deal also makes sense for the Bills. We can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Besides getting a huge upgrade at left guard we also get to push our WR depth up by 1 player making the last cuts more reasonable.. Right now as is we will be cutting a WR or 2 that will be picked up right away by another team. I would hate to be in Whaley shoes right now with that decision to make.. So why not cash in on our WR talent to get better at another position of need?

Wr core after trade SJ13, Woods, Goodwin, Rogers, and we can keep 2 out the next 3 Easley, Hogan or B Smith.

We will still have plenty of Speed . Plus we might be able to sneak Hogan on the ps. If not him then Kaufman.

Oline after trade Pears, Urbik, Wood, Moffitt, Glenn.

Moffitt is a mauling run blocking guard and is good in pass pro.

Pretty good idea

Didn't we draft Eric Wood with that pick? Hardly peanuts I would think? :)

We got a 4th & a 5th from Seattle for Lynch, which turned into Hairston & Tank Carder. If that's not peanuts, maybe almonds?