Jim Irsay's Tweet

eball

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If owner says something, then he is a meddling owner....and if he doesn't, then he is not committed to the team...Boy...there is no middle ground here.

Seems a bit ridiculous for the owner to feel the need to publicly apologize and B word at the coaches over game 1 of the preseason.

It should be noted that the Colts, following a 2-14 season, truly limped their way on the back of a feel-good cancer rally through an easy division to an 11-5 record last year.

I fully expect them to be in the 7-9 win range this year.

I have been saying that ever since last year ended...they literally got every break possible to go their way...9-1 in games decided under a TD, D was horrible, etc...

Their expected wins based on all the variables was 6 wins last year, and they exceeded it more than any other team by a longshot..basically their stats said they were closer to the Bills than a playoff team last year...

They legitimately could be a better team this year and win 8 or 9 games

Edited by matter2003

The guy also does some crazy contests on Twitter. Before the game, he did a trivia contest giving away 2 tickets to the game, $50 spending money and 2 colts hats, to 12 people.

he gives out thousands of dollars - and sends straight cash in the mail.

frankly, hes a nut job but entertaining at times.

It should be noted that the Colts, following a 2-14 season, truly limped their wayon the back of a feel-good cancer rally through an easy division to an 11-5 record last year.

I fully expect them to be in the 7-9 win range this year.

couldnt agree more...they are def coming back to earth a bit this year

still a good young team but they clearly over achieved last year

Irsay is a tool...not to be confused with Tuel

Edited by Max997

I have been saying that ever since last year ended...they literally got every break possible to go their way...9-1 in games decided under a TD, D was horrible, etc...

Their expected wins based on all the variables was 6 wins last year, and they exceeded it more than any other team by a longshot..basically their stats said they were closer to the Bills than a playoff team last year...

They legitimately could be a better team this year and win 8 or 9 games

They had no business beating the Bills last year. Two questionable fumble calls and Gilmore's pick-6 called back were the difference in that game. They got all the bounces and breaks that day.

After yesterday, though, it looks like they got themselves a long-term bounce in TY Hilton. If it wasn't for him, I'd call them a 4-7 win team this year. But, he looks to be a gamer, and the Luck/Hilton combo will be one for the ages.

Edited by The Big Cat

Seems a bit ridiculous for the owner to feel the need to publicly apologize and B word at the coaches over game 1 of the preseason.

I live in Indy and the Colts Blue crew support the team whole heartedly, they cringe on having to pay season ticket prices for preseason games. It was a topic of discussion prior to last season on local talk radio. Fans here like Irsay and his approach. I rather have a behind the scenes owner. Great game from my point of view.