Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

It's hard to see that as a good scenario, but if Tuel ends up being the real deal, it does take a lot of the risk out of the picture as far as the position goes. It's a QB-driven league afer all.

If both play well then you have a potential power move at the 2014 draft. That's the hope I have.

Its a win in my book. Rookie QB's get paid jack these days. I say let them both battle it out and let the best man win. As long as the Bills are WINNING who cares who the QB is?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a win in my book. Rookie QB's get paid jack these days. I say let them both battle it out and let the best man win. As long as the Bills are WINNING who cares who the QB is?

It sounds nice, but reality says that a new regime will not let an undrafted rookie bump their number one pick. Only if their hand is forced by Manuel coughing up the job and I don't think he does that.

am i crazy for thinking that the talk should be a little more "tj yates, graham harrell, chase daniel, shaun hill, or even (gulp... i hate to say it but....) fitz, maybe even flynn etc...." than "manning, manning, rodgers, brady

Edited by NoSaint

I assume the folks in B-town watched local announcer coverage; those of us out of town were stuck with the Indy homey coverage on NFL channel. However, I had to laugh when the Colts play-by-play guy, while thinking that the rule was if the hand/ball started going forward it was a fumble, says that the hand/ball was definitely going forward,only to be reminded by the color commentator that if that was the case, it would be an incomplete pass. Then he quickly changes his tune in accordance with what was good for the Colts.

Did the NFL network black out this game? I have the NFL network in Pittsburgh and it was showing a replay of the Cards at the Pats. ?!?!

am i crazy for thinking that the talk should be a little more "tj yates, graham harrell, chase daniel, shaun hill, or even (gulp... i hate to say it but....) fitz, maybe even flynn etc...." than "manning, manning, rodgers, brady

Maybe, but Tuel has a better physical skill set than those backups. It doesn't mean he'll get it done from the neck up, but the raw materials are very solid. We'll obviously learn more in the coming weeks.

Wouldn't it be interesting If Tuel could beat out EJ? Hummm....

It sounds nice, but reality says that a new regime will not let an undrafted rookie bump their number one pick. Only if their hand is forced by Manuel coughing up the job and I don't think he does that.

At this point, barring injury or majorly crappy play, Tuel will not beat out EJ. EJ has taken too many starting reps and the season is rapidly approaching. Now next year is a different story, depending on how this season plays out.

At this point, barring injury or majorly crappy play, Tuel will not beat out EJ. EJ has taken too many starting reps and the season is rapidly approaching. Now next year is a different story, depending on how this season plays out.

The mere mention of Tuel beating out Ej is actually pretty laughable at this point. Specially after yesterday. They both played well. It's not like Ej played horrible and tuel was masterful. No, they both played well.

What is possible is Kolb losing his job vs Tuel. Not Ej losing it to Tuel.

The mere mention of Tuel beating out Ej is actually pretty laughable at this point. Specially after yesterday. They both played well. It's not like Ej played horrible and tuel was masterful. No, they both played well.

What is possible is Kolb losing his job vs Tuel. Not Ej losing it to Tuel.

And Tuel didn't play without his mistakes either. The fumbled snap. The forward pass fumble (has to feel the pressure and get rid of it faster). And the wide open TE that he waited to long to throw too, that might have been another TD but ended up incomplete.

I liked what I saw from Tuel, but will temper my excitement a bit.

And Tuel didn't play without his mistakes either. The fumbled snap. The forward pass fumble (has to feel the pressure and get rid of it faster). And the wide open TE that he waited to long to throw too, that might have been another TD but ended up incomplete.

I liked what I saw from Tuel, but will temper my excitement a bit.

Based on the reaming Marrone was giving the center, I believe the fumble was on him.

This says a lot about the talent of our young QBs.

But what does it say about the coaching staff?

Two rookie QBs and numerous rookie receivers…

Okay, San Jose, you've mentioned this twice and nobody seems to be biting so I will. You are right. To play two rookies in the first preseason game and have them combine for 35-44 and 319 yards is impressive. It's only preseason but that's partly the point, I think. Preseason games, especially inaugural preseason games, can be chaotic and especially difficult for rookies. Marrone, Hackett, et al did a really nice jobs preparing these kids.

It says alot about the coaching staff. This team was ready to run a true No-huddle with 2 rookie QB's. That in itself is impressive.

But it says something about the scouts to find these guys. Goodwin, even the kicker Hopkins, Woods, Kiko.

IF this keeps up will be one of those drafts that we look back on and say wow, they ( the scouts) scored one for the team.

No question you're right...And obviously the book is still unwritten on these two...but the fact they both looked very aware, calm, and considering it was their first NFL look...No question that speaks volumes for Marrone and Hackett...

But I will give a quick tip of the hat to the Bills Scouting Dept on Tuel...It was obvious the Bills were high on him during the Draft process...And I was kind of wondering...well...why?

Now I see why, and this is a kid who went undrafted...I'm pretty sure the Bills knew that was a possibility, and jumped at the chance to sign him...That's good scouting...Because at this point, even if Tuel only ends up being a decent back-up, it's a great find... B-)

No question you're right...And obviously the book is still unwritten on these two...but the fact they both looked very aware, calm, and considering it was their first NFL look...No question that speaks volumes for Marrone and Hackett...

But I will give a quick tip of the hat to the Bills Scouting Dept on Tuel...It was obvious the Bills were high on him during the Draft process...And I was kind of wondering...well...why?

Now I see why, and this is a kid who went undrafted...I'm pretty sure the Bills knew that was a possibility, and jumped at the chance to sign him...That's good scouting...Because at this point, even if Tuel only ends up being a decent back-up, it's a great find... B-)

Well, if the Bills scouting Dept really knew, wasn't it stupid of the Bills not to draft him?