Peter King's visit to SJF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you posted the wrong link. This is the correct one. Or maybe this one?

Of course there was this gem.

And then people wonder why OBD loves the national football writers.

So you liked the coaches and Fitz? B.c even with these stories I never liked Fitz and I hated gailey...

Yet I like Marrone and EJ, and it's not for the stories...

So what are you meaning when you link other stories?

Edited by BuffaloFood

I agree that that game was great back in the day, until Fairport just got too big and started mauling us. My junior year was the last year ER won the jug, but before that we did a pretty good job regularly beating a school (and many others like it) that were at least 3-4 times our size. Great battles between Don Quinn (our coach) and Coach Santini of Fairport. Epic stuff, and epic antics off the field as well (my buddies and I started the "LIttle Brown Mug" game, a touch game organized by the schools' student councils, our Senior year, for ex.). Someone should make a movie out it. If you know Phillip Seymour Hoffman (a Fairport alum), tell him you have a script for him!

Coach Santini was my coach and a great guy all around.

you are spot on. small world i supppose : )

I'm special.

Thats my take on it !

Was Fitz REALLY the best kid Harvard saw in 37 years though? What about the kid who created Facebook? B-)

I'm sure the wiry guy with glasses from Redmond would have something to say about that.

well seeing as Kolb has gone down, EJ should get his chance to prove if he is ready. If Kolb is down for an extended period of time. The Bills will be on the look out for a VET to bring in and compete. I don't think going into the season with a Rookie first rounder (EJ) and a rookie UDFA (Tuel) would be a wise move. That being if Kolb is out for a while.

Right now I'm excited about our future overall, but I will be reserved on hope for this season until I see EJ (if he starts) against the Skins week 3 of the preseason. That is usually the closest thing to a regular season game that we see until it all takes off. If he is impressive then I just may change my mind.

Right now I'm excited about our future overall, but I will be reserved on hope for this season until I see EJ (if he starts) against the Skins week 3 of the preseason. That is usually the closest thing to a regular season game that we see until it all takes off. If he is impressive then I just may change my mind.

This is problematic though. If Kolb can't go for his planned reps in the preseason games, then EJ's going to get a lot more exposure as a matter of course. I somehow don't think Coach will let him play one quarter, then hand it over to Tuel for a half and mop up with Brad Smith. Hmmm.

This is problematic though. If Kolb can't go for his planned reps in the preseason games, then EJ's going to get a lot more exposure as a matter of course. I somehow don't think Coach will let him play one quarter, then hand it over to Tuel for a half and mop up with Brad Smith. Hmmm.

Is Brad Smith workiing with the QBs at all? I understand he would be the emergency QB if needed.