Peter King's visit to SJF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two favorite passages:

Two hours after practice, offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett comes bounding out of the locker room, wearing a Bills helmet with no facemask. “I needed a hat, and this was all I could find!’’ he said, laughing.

Brandon’s a big baseball fan, and when they passed by the baseball stadium, they saw FSU playing Georgia Tech, and they stopped to watch a couple of innings. “We meet a security guard,’’ said Brandon, “and he asked what we’re doing there, and he asked if we were there to see E.J. I said we were. He said, ‘I’ve been here 37 years, and he’s the best kid we’ve ever had.”

This should stay here rather than be buried. It made me far too giddy to not get the buzz it deserves.

My favorite part of the article is this:

"The Bills practiced for two hours in the morning, followed by media stuff and the important part of the day: two glasses of Guinness at Thirsty’s, the best bar in the world with no name on it. True. It’s a plain white house in the middle of Pittsford. You’d have to know it, though, to know it’s there."

#highschoolmemories

ill back the separate thread - i dont want to wade through a massive thread to catch a major national article like this.

I thought the Training Camp thread was actually people talking about their personal observations from camp so I didn't wade through it either. Someday when I have a few hours I will!

I thought the Training Camp thread was actually people talking about their personal observations from camp so I didn't wade through it either. Someday when I have a few hours I will!

if astro can get daily threads, i think peter king can too!

This story has been discussed elsewhere on the Internet. Someone throw OP to the wolves.

Wouldn't be the first time! But seriously... this kids's character is through the roof. I said it when he was drafted and I'll say it again. We won't know for awhile how successful he will be as a Bills/NFL QB. But I would be rooting for him even he went somewhere else based on what I know/have seen/heard. I loved what he said in his press conference about how the QB must never be late to meetings, etc. they are the example, the leader. Johnny Football, are you listening?! Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Peter King is simply changing players names, teams, locations and writing the same about every team on his "tour". I saw that posted somewhere else. Obligatory QB comments aside, like he says himself. it's hard to see much in a single 2 hour session.

Plus he didn't have any insight on Mario's foot injury. What's up with that?

"The Bills practiced for two hours in the morning, followed by media stuff and the important part of the day: two glasses of Guinness at Thirsty’s, the best bar in the world with no name on it. True. It’s a plain white house in the middle of Pittsford. You’d have to know it, though, to know it’s there."

#highschoolmemories

College memories for me. Spent more time at Thirsty's than I ever care to imagine. My friends I would play the old video game "Pole Position" before we left; person with the highest score got to drive all the drunks home.

Edited by LABillzFan

#highschoolmemories

2 minutes from my house.

Peter King is simply changing players names, teams, locations and writing the same about every team on his "tour". I saw that posted somewhere else. Obligatory QB comments aside, like he says himself. it's hard to see much in a single 2 hour session.

Plus he didn't have any insight on Mario's foot injury. What's up with that?

Look at it this way. At least he didn't sing out loud while he was here or on his website. :sick:

College memories for me. Spent more time at Thirsty's than I ever care to imagine. My friends I would play the old video game "Pole Position" before we left; person with the highest score got to drive all the drunks home.

Pole Position was the best. I used to play that in the ski lodge at Bristol Mountain.

Pole Position was the best. I used to play that in the ski lodge at Bristol Mountain.

I found it necessary to refer to it as a video game because there are a lot of young people on this board who probably would misinterpret "I used to play Pole Position with my college friends."

2 minutes from my house.

We've definitely had a beer together before...