Brad Smith Renegotiates Contract

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much cap space. Bring back Kelsey; we need to waste this money on someone. They clearly aren't interested in spending it on Byrd.

As I understand nothing can be done with Byrd at this point. It's a one year deal with some composite average of top players at his spot. He will likely hold out as long as he can. Tough situation

So much cap space. Bring back Kelsey; we need to waste this money on someone. They clearly aren't interested in spending it on Byrd.

And why is that, bc they didn't just give him what he wanted? The Bills hv shown they are willing to extend players

Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the league...do you think he's worth that bc I certainly don't and neither do the Bills

Edited by Max997

As I understand nothing can be done with Byrd at this point. It's a one year deal with some composite average of top players at his spot. He will likely hold out as long as he can. Tough situation

They can give him as rich a one year deal as they please. It just can't be more than one year.

Glad to hear this.

Potential to score anywhere on the field

WR with more than 10 career touches

Brings a vet presence to the group

Brings a qbs perspective to the group

Seems like a good guy

Not a great receiver but as a #3 or 4 he has real value to this roster

And why is that, bc they didn't just give him what he wanted? The Bills hv shown they are willing to extend players

Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the league...do you think he's worth that bc I certainly don't and neither do the Bills

Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Kyle Williams, Leodis McKelvin, Rian Lindell. Those are the only players on the team that have gotten more than one contract from the Bills.

Just for comparison:

The Patriots have double that number.

(This isn't counting guys that are bench players because those guys are cheap and easy to resign).

Glad to hear this.

Potential to score anywhere on the field

WR with more than 10 career touches

Brings a vet presence to the group

Brings a qbs perspective to the group

Seems like a good guy

Not a great receiver but as a #3 or 4 he has real value to this roster

Agreed. I really don't understand the undervaluing of a player like him. He's our best ST player. A valuable WR. Disaster QB. Excellent KR. Very good Wildcat QB and runner. Great guy and teammate. Tremendous speed and skills.

Good for him. Lots of people thought he would be gone, I also did

Lots of people on THIS BOARD thought he'd be gone. He is a good football player and now that we have a coaching staff his value will become evident fairly quickly. Keep in mind..... many of these dweebs are fantasy football losers. There is a difference between knowledgeable fans and fantasy dweebs. Fantasy dweebs are gamblers. Nothing more. Know little about the game. Route against their own team to make 2 dollars. Zero's every one of em in my opinion.

The Buffalo Bills are a better football team with Brad Smith on the roster. Period.

Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Kyle Williams, Leodis McKelvin, Rian Lindell. Those are the only players on the team that have gotten more than one contract from the Bills.

Just for comparison:

The Patriots have double that number.

(This isn't counting guys that are bench players because those guys are cheap and easy to resign).

So my question would be, did you count the Cheaters* bench players?

and btw you forgot some, Fitz for one (but I understand he is no longer "on the team" either are a lot of guys, like the coach and GM).

Edited by bowery4