Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

Careful....this man might fit in with some of the questionables we brought in this off season...

i would hope not. some of our newbies have made some questionable decisions in their past, maybe even some outright bonehead decisions. hernandez is seemingly on a level with a certain other former bill.

The NFL has a work release program for players???

kelly's team from necessary roughness?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'd like to ask again, do the Patriots get a 'Get out of Jail Free Card' for his salary against the cap? I'd hope that it is dead money on their cap or they have to 'cut' him.

i dont recall how it fell under the last CBA. i know it was an issue that was widely discussed but i dont recall the final outcome with any certainty. its a good question.

Why would they get a compensation pick for him?

i assume it was sarcasm about how the pats get a lot of them. they certainly wont.

Edited by NoSaint

i dont recall how it fell under the last CBA. i know it was an issue that was widely discussed but i dont recall the final outcome with any certainty. its a good question.

i assume it was sarcasm about how the pats get a lot of them. they certainly wont.

My detector is failing today lol.

Right now the Bengals and Cowboys are fighting over who gets to sign him to their "All prison Team"..................

Dont forget the Raiders.

Actually, he's probably not criminal enough for the Black and Silver. Obstruction isn't gangster enough. He's gotta have at least 4 bodies to be a Raider.

So I'd like to ask again, do the Patriots get a 'Get out of Jail Free Card' for his salary against the cap? I'd hope that it is dead money on their cap or they have to 'cut' him.

Not a full answer, but sounds like they decided to bite the bullet to get away from this as early as possibly even if it isnt the nfl designed way to get out of the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/patriots-dump-aaron-hernandez/

The move prevents the Patriots from ever recovering a penny of the $12.5 million signing bonus from his 2012 contract extension worth a total of $39 million. It remains to be seen whether the Patriots will try to avoid paying $3.25 million in a deferred payment due on March 31, 2014, and whether they’ll try to wipe out base-salary guaranteed of $1.323 million in 2013 and $1.137 million in 2014.

So did we ever get more info on the car they were looking for, and the mirror they said they thought was separated from said car they were seeking?

Edited by NoSaint