EJ signs

I love this new rookie wage scale. There are no holdouts, no disputes, and no BS to start a young man's career. I like it.

The NFL and its owners worked hard during the last CBA negotiations to make the league better, stronger and more enjoyable for the fans.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god for the new rookie pay scale. remember how much the Rams had to pay to sign Bradford? being the first QB off the board, Manuel could have demanded some serious money if this was a few years ago

No. He'd have been slotted but had a lot more potentially coming to him in incentives.

I love this new rookie wage scale. There are no holdouts, no disputes, and no BS to start a young man's career. I like it.

I agree. It's nice seeing all the rookies signed this early in the process, vice the day before training or into training camp.

I agree. It's nice seeing all the rookies signed this early in the process, vice the day before training or into training camp.

nice av jerry. who you be's?

-

without coming off as

"wrong" i truly like EJ. i can't think of another player joining the bills (recently) who i liked more as a person. he's the last player you would think that would sand bag once he got the cash- kind of like the anti-albert haynesworth.

The NFL and its owners worked hard during the last CBA negotiations to make the league better, stronger and more enjoyable for the fans.

Enjoyable when most rookies will go elsewhere for their outrageous 2nd contract deals because they've already given their current team a hometown discount with their rookie deal

Enjoyable when most rookies will go elsewhere for their outrageous 2nd contract deals because they've already given their current team a hometown discount with their rookie deal

This works out good then b.c your money isn't tied up in rookie contracts so you can give that guy a payday if he deserves it. So they won't go elsewhere.

glad to hear he's "excited," or at least that's what the inhouse staff reported. sad to say, he was not made available to share his "excitement" with anyone else in the media in the event we might have misquoted him or somehow left out an exclamation mark.

jw

congrats, though, for getting this deal done.

glad to hear he's "excited," or at least that's what the inhouse staff reported. sad to say, he was not made available to share his "excitement" with anyone else in the media in the event we might have misquoted him or somehow left out an exclamation mark.

jw

congrats, though, for getting this deal done.

They're definitely running a different ship over at OBD these days, eh John? Sorry it frustrates you guys in the local (or national) media, but as a fan I have to admit I like the (real or perceived) "veil of secrecy."

"Hometown discount," my azz. That's the poison that seeped into players minds from those outrageously inflated salaries for rookies in the recent past. Fact is nearly half of them were busts and it crippled teams for years if they picked the wrong guy - particularly a QB - and he stank. New players felt entitled for huge bucks before they proved their worth. It was a bad system and was getting worse by the year.

Some semblance of gaining fiscal responsibility WRT player wages began with the new CBA. Rookies get less, there's more the the vets. The thing is though, the OLDER vets aren't cashing in like they thought they would. The real money is going to the top tier QBs, a few Super Stars, and the hot 4-5 year FAs (like Byrd). It's a different dynamic these days and the entire League is still adjusting to it and probably will be for years.

They're definitely running a different ship over at OBD these days, eh John? Sorry it frustrates you guys in the local (or national) media, but as a fan I have to admit I like the (real or perceived) "veil of secrecy."

it's not secrecy. it's the want and desire to manage the message through essentially hired publicists.

jw

I've heard rumblings that after EJ signed his contract, all he was saying was "I wanna kill kill kill!" Maybe that explains it.

I noticed he signed with a Bic. Don't you think they could've found something a little more elegant? Parker? Cross? Schlongweigh?

What's a...ah, nevermind. ;)

Edited by Doc

it's not secrecy. it's the want and desire to manage the message through essentially hired publicists.

jw

While you are dead on about that, I wonder what we are missing when real, in-depth critical analysis of the organization is not done by outside journalists. Everything is muted because an in-depth look at the Bills yields almost entirely negative results and statistics and those that follow the team professionally don't want to be distanced from it by striking a nerve.

I've heard rumblings that after EJ signed his contract, all he was saying was "I wanna kill kill kill!" Maybe that explains it.

It's not every day you see a "Alice's Restaurant" reference on TBD. Outstanding. Have a seat on the Group W bench.