Jason Peters: holdout check, arrest check

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... lmfao

Holdout check? Arrest check? And if he stayed in Buffalo and made two pro bowls you would have this same attitude? Perhaps you are just a little bit resentful the man got paid and wanted to play for a team that contends for the playoffs. Why don't you start critizing Byrd now because he's headed down the same path.

Holdout check? Arrest check? And if he stayed in Buffalo and made two pro bowls you would have this same attitude? Perhaps you are just a little bit resentful the man got paid and wanted to play for a team that contends for the playoffs. Why don't you start critizing Byrd now because he's headed down the same path.

I changed the name of the thread because it now encompasses those two topics. This was done to cut down on the number of new Jason Peters was arrested threads so direct your misdirected anger to me, not the OP. Fact is he didn't stay in Buffalo. Fact is he wanted to restructure a restructured contract. Fact is he is an immature ass.

If he stayed in Buffalo it would of been because he was a decent person and took the solid deal the Bills had on the table. he wouldn't have played the hold out games. But he wasn't and he isn't so he deserves every single bit of condemnation

I do criticize Byrd and I have lost plenty of respect for the guy and really expect him to be traded. I blame Eugene Parker more so, but Byrd refusing to sign a franchise tag that will set him up for life regardless, as well as not show up at OTA's to at least get acclimated with the coaches etc.. you can bet the farm I don't have much respect for Byrd at this point.

Edited by shibuya

If he stayed in Buffalo it would of been because he was a decent person and took the solid deal the Bills had on the table. he wouldn't have played the hold out games. But he wasn't and he isn't so he deserves every single bit of condemnation

I do criticize Byrd and I have lost plenty of respect for the guy and really expect him to be traded. I blame Eugene Parker more so, but Byrd refusing to sign a franchise tag that will set him up for life regardless, as well as not show up at OTA's to at least get acclimated with the coaches etc.. you can bet the farm I don't have much respect for Byrd at this point.

Wondering if Parker's already made calls to Philly about Byrd. They could use him in their secondary. Of course he can't do it - that would be breaking the League rules. :ph34r: Byrd an Eagle?

Well refusing to sign for the tag is one thing, but he pretty much can't attend OTA's without a contract...he's not a rookie. He's also not wrong to want to maximize his earning potential; think about it: he has the chance to make enough money to set his family up for generations to come. He's taking it; nothing wrong with that, just like there's nothing wrong with the team trying to get him to sign for a reasonable amount.

Do people revel in the failings of ex-Bills and/or famous athletes in general? If so, why?

Me personally, it's only certain ones. Peters sulked like a little child and showed up out of shape. He put his teammates at risk. I don't want anything terrible to happen to him but I'm never going to root for him.

As long as Bryd shows up in shape ready to play, I have no problem with his holdout. And as guy gives his all as Bill and is respectful, I'd root for them no matter where they go.

I changed the name of the thread because it now encompasses those two topics. This was done to cut down on the number of new Jason Peters was arrested threads so direct your misdirected anger to me, not the OP. Fact is he didn't stay in Buffalo. Fact is he wanted to restructure a restructured contract. Fact is he is an immature ass.

ouch, owned.

Do people revel in the failings of ex-Bills and/or famous athletes in general? If so, why?

People like to see people get what they deserve. Peters acted like a pompous ass so people like to see him deal with karma even it doesn't make up for him getting a ridiculous contract then not living up to it.

This is why I loathe Jason Peters and wish him zero success for the rest of his football career

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/1629/peters-admits-contract-affected-his-attitude

Peters was asked if his contract situation affected his play last year.

"A little bit," Peters said. "I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract ... It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."

CBF