Kevin Kolb fan club- count me in

major

I'm in the kolb corner this season. I feel he has the tools to help us become a winning franchise. Nothing against EJ or t jax, i just feel kolb has the most upside. I really like all 3 of our potential qb's but if I have to pick a starter, I've got to go with kolb. Now all he has to do is stay healthy.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the kolb corner this season. I feel he has the tools to help us become a winning franchise. Nothing against EJ or t jax, i just feel kolb has the most upside. I really like all 3 of our potential qb's but if I have to pick a starter, I've got to go with kolb. Now all he has to do is stay healthy.

really?

Ever since hearing his interview on the John Murphy show a month or so ago, I've just been really impressed with the guy. He certainly has the mindset of a leader and I like this pick-up more now than I did when we first signed him. You just never would have guessed that he hadn't been our QB for years when listening to that interview...far more impressive than Fitzy ever came off, IMO. Kolb may end up being a turf magnet here just as much as he was in Arizona, but I feel pretty good about our QB position. I like our trade for TJax, too, but that's another story...

I was kind of in the camp that said Kolb would likely start the first 6 games or so...and if the Bills had a losing record, the EJ3 era would begin... but I am starting to get the feeling that EJ might just start in week one. Nothing against Kolb, but I would be so jazzed to see EJ Manuel vs Cam Newton in week 2.

Not wanting to start another QB thread, who do you feel will be the odd-man out in the QB race? I am assuming it will be Manuel, Kolb and Tuel.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Tarvaris Jackson re-signed with the Bills, for pennies, before even checking out the free-agency market. I seem to remember, at the time (this was before they had released Fitz, signed Kolb, or drafted Manuel) thinking it was kind of odd. I also remember hearing that a few teams "might be" interested in him, if he was a free agent. Oh well, I bet he regrets it now. Unless, of course, he outplays Kolb, and they let him go. How likely is that to happen?

Edited by Buftex

How good would it feel if EJ starts and he thumps the Pats?

Having the Pats lose to a rookie in his first game would be nice! :thumbsup::D:lol:

Edited by K-No

Any scenario in which Manuel is starting by week 6 would mean that we didn't fix our OL issues we didn't care to address in the offseason.

Not sure if that was a response to me...but I agree...maybe they will sign Legursky (sp?) from the Steelers...but from what I know of the guys we have, I don't know if the O-line is better (it wasn't horrible last year), and may be worse. Of course, Marrone is an OL guy, so there is that...

If you remember, NFL rookie of the year, Vince Young managed win a whole bunch of games on sheer athletic talent (as opposed to being a superior QB) his rookie year. I won't pretend to know how college abilities translate to the pros, but Manuel looks to have a big arm, some speedy (though mostly unproven) receivers, and some mobility. Not sure if it is the best way to bring a guy along...but I am also not sure that another season of crappy football is in the best interest of the franchise health, either.

This isn't to say that Kolb may be better than I am thinking...I just can't get that game against the Bills last season out of my head though. I know, he had a miserable O-line...but he and Fitz set the QB position back decades that Sunday... after the Bills won in OT, I remember walking out of the bar with some other Bills fans...one guy said "well, at least we know Fitz isn't the worst starting QB in the league"

Edited by Buftex

Me too but just to be a stick in the mud I'm going with the Jeff Tuel fanclub (and he does have skills so who knows)